Need State Sponsorship for QLD

Old Jul 26th 2010, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

macca2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Need State Sponsorship for QLD

I want to immigrate to QLD and unfortunatly need to get SS to get over the 120 points threshold I have 115 points, can anyone advice how easy it is to get SS for QLD and how long it takes I'm a Panel Beater and on the new SOL.

Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:00 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need State Sponsorship for QLD

Originally Posted by macca2010
I want to immigrate to QLD and unfortunatly need to get SS to get over the 120 points threshold I have 115 points, can anyone advice how easy it is to get SS for QLD and how long it takes I'm a Panel Beater and on the new SOL.

Thanks
I'm not sure whether the QLD State Migration Plan is on hold or not because of the election, but if it is in place, you should check out this link and have a look to see if your profession is on here:

http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...nt.cfm?id=3799

If not, then I think you would have to get a job offer/employer sponsor. Sorry if it's not much help. Good luck.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Thanks
Hi - you will need to wait and see if your occupation is on the State Migration Plan (SMP) when it comes out. QLD have not got their new one in place at the moment as they are waiting for Govt. approval. As far as I am aware the govt. aren't approving anything at the moment until the elections have taken place.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 10:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Have you looked at sitting the IELTS for extra points or is the 115 with IELTS?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsE
Hi - you will need to wait and see if your occupation is on the State Migration Plan (SMP) when it comes out. QLD have not got their new one in place at the moment as they are waiting for Govt. approval. As far as I am aware the govt. aren't approving anything at the moment until the elections have taken place.

Hope this helps.
You are wrong! Despite they have not announed SMP they still accept application from people whose nominated occupation is in schedule 3.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Am I? I checked for the OP and couldn't see panel beater on the current list so advised that they need to wait for the new list to come out.

Originally Posted by r_1159
You are wrong! Despite they have not announed SMP they still accept application from people whose nominated occupation is in schedule 3.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It might have been nice if you were a little more polite in your post. Shouting "You are wrong!" is extremely rude behaviour.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Attitude like that will not be tolerated on BE. Consider yourself warned.