Need information about PR

Old Sep 13th 2010, 8:04 am
Just Joined

samkor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need information about PR

Dear All,
i need some information about PR.
i am BE mechanical engineer with 6 yrs. of experience, my all duties are matching with immigration requirements.
i have some questions:
(1) if i achieve 6 band in each, is it possible to get PR? (i will get 60 points for my course and 10 for MODL, i think.)
(2) my wife is Arts graduate and finished her study in Regional language not in English. so , does she also need to give IELTS?

please reply.
thanks
Old Sep 13th 2010, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Need information about PR

Originally Posted by samkor
Dear All,
i need some information about PR.
i am BE mechanical engineer with 6 yrs. of experience, my all duties are matching with immigration requirements.
i have some questions:
(1) if i achieve 6 band in each, is it possible to get PR? (i will get 60 points for my course and 10 for MODL, i think.)
(2) my wife is Arts graduate and finished her study in Regional language not in English. so , does she also need to give IELTS?

please reply.
thanks
there is no MODL now, you need to go to immi.gov.au and use the points calculator there so see if you will be able to meet the immi points with 6 in IELTS

IELTS for Secondary applicant is not mandatory if you can show that Secondary applicant has Functional English if not than you will have to pay so extra fee for this during the immi process
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 525252
IELTS for Secondary applicant is not mandatory if you can show that Secondary applicant has Functional English if not than you will have to pay so extra fee for this during the immi process
That's not true. IELTS or proof of functional english is required for secondary applicants. If you do not have either of those then the second VAC is payable.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That's not true. IELTS or proof of functional english is required for secondary applicants. If you do not have either of those then the second VAC is payable.
yes
that's what I said above
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 525252
yes
that's what I said above
No, you said IELTS for secondary applicants is not mandatory.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, you said IELTS for secondary applicants is not mandatory.
not mandatory if

IELTS for Secondary applicant is not mandatory if you can show that Secondary applicant has Functional English if not than you will have to pay so[me] extra fee for this during the immi process