Need Info

Old Nov 28th 2002, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

shivu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Info

Hi there,

I had sent my application form (SK47) to Adelaide on 20th of November by speed post from india and in fact the postal dept wont send any Acknowledgement wheather it reached them or not. My question is, should i call them and ask the status or do they send any Acknowledgement? if so how long will take them to send Acknowledgement to applicant?

RGDS
Old Nov 28th 2002, 3:02 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Info

Originally posted by shivu
My question is, should i call them and ask the status...?
I can imagine you having this conversation with Adelaide:

hello? I would like to check the status of my package ... You should have gotten it err yesterday? ... My name is Shivu, Shivu whatever. My birthday is dd/mm/yyyy... *No, I haven't gotten any ref number yet*.... I would be extremely grateful if you could open up all the packages you received since a week ago and see if my name appears on any of those ... no, no, I'm sure you'll find it... I wrote in black ink... Let me tell you my other details, so you can find my application... You sure you can't find it? It's got to be there.... I have about 80 pages of documents in my package... What, you have about 200 other packages unopened yet? Can't you just open it now and tell me if my application is there? ... No? Why not?

So there...

Peter

P.S. The bolded sentence is there for a reason. Paper acknowledgements are generally received in one or two months after DIMIA receives your application.
Old Nov 29th 2002, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

a_student is an unknown quantity at this point

I have submited my SK47 by DHL, keep tracking them every 2 hours, so I knew when my document was in Sydney airpot and when it was
in Adelaide airport, then finally it arrived at DIMIA Adelaide signed by Jamie (probably one of DIMIA staff member).

Next step, I checks my internet bank every 12 hours, to check if my credit card has been debited $1745. From austimeline.com I noticed
that it can happend between 5 days to 25 days.

Probably it worths to write a demon to check that internet banking every
2 hours and mailed it to me (or ring my mobile phone) if there is $1745 transaction :-)

I have been so tempted to call Adelaide to confirm it, but after reading
Peter email, I think I should wait for awhile.

--
Tony

Originally posted by ptlabs

hello? I would like to check the status of my package ... You should have gotten it err yesterday? ... My name is Shivu, Shivu whatever. My birthday is dd/mm/yyyy... *No, I haven't gotten any ref number yet*.... I would be extremely grateful if you could open up all the packages you received since a week ago and see if my name appears on any of those ... no, no, I'm sure you'll find it... I wrote in black ink... Let me tell you my other details, so you can find my application... You sure you can't find it? It's got to be there.... I have about 80 pages of documents in my package... What, you have about 200 other packages unopened yet? Can't you just open it now and tell me if my application is there? ... No? Why not?

So there...

Peter

P.S. The bolded sentence is there for a reason. Paper acknowledgements are generally received in one or two months after DIMIA receives your application.
Old Nov 29th 2002, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

dokwal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default receipt ackn

i also critisize dimia but they gave me ackn on tel in seven days as well as file no in 30 days .

they need to improve their customer services , too much work load in not always right answ
rgd
Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

I have been checking my commonwealth internet banking every 6 hours since November 20th, to check whether Adelaide DIMIA has debited my
credit card.

After 3 weeks, I decided that I cant do this anymore, there is no debit of $1745 so far. I cant wait, that its, I am going to call Adelaide now.

Press 03 9657 4115 then 0, so I dont need to hear any recording message. Wait about 30 sec, that is ok.

A nice lady greeted me "Adelaide skill processing center, may I help you" I said, I sent my application on 22nd of November and asked her, if would it be possbile to check it for me. She said "Yes, sure, what is your date of birth Sir?" Then I told her my DOB, then she ask again, "what is your last name Sir", I spelled my last name, "Wait a moment Sir, our system is searching the database"..........waiting, 15 second later. She asked "What is your first name, Sir?. I told her my first name. And she told me, "YES, we received your application on Nov 20th"

Then I asked her, if there is any problem with my credit card, or anything since DIMIA has not debited my credit card. She told me there is no problem so far. And asked if there is anything she could help, I asked her whether I can use my medical examination of this 47SK for my student visa extension application. She told me that is up to the DIMIA officier who processed my student visa application.

Then she asked me, is there anything else she could help, I told her, "No and have a good afternoon". She replied "Thank you for calling, bye now"

What a nice service, it is just one phone call and I dont need to check my internet banking so often :-)

--
Tony

So there...

Peter

Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Oops typo on the second line of 4th paragraph (it is Nov 20th, (not Nov 22nd)

Originally posted by a_student
I have been checking my commonwealth internet banking every 6 hours since November 20th, to check whether Adelaide DIMIA has debited my
credit card.

After 3 weeks, I decided that I cant do this anymore, there is no debit of $1745 so far. I cant wait, that its, I am going to call Adelaide now.

Press 03 9657 4115 then 0, so I dont need to hear any recording message. Wait about 30 sec, that is ok.

A nice lady greeted me "Adelaide skill processing center, may I help you" I said, I sent my application on 22nd of November and asked her, if would it be possbile to check it for me. She said "Yes, sure, what is your date of birth Sir?" Then I told her my DOB, then she ask again, "what is your last name Sir", I spelled my last name, "Wait a moment Sir, our system is searching the database"..........waiting, 15 second later. She asked "What is your first name, Sir?. I told her my first name. And she told me, "YES, we received your application on Nov 20th"

Then I asked her, if there is any problem with my credit card, or anything since DIMIA has not debited my credit card. She told me there is no problem so far. And asked if there is anything she could help, I asked her whether I can use my medical examination of this 47SK for my student visa extension application. She told me that is up to the DIMIA officier who processed my student visa application.

Then she asked me, is there anything else she could help, I told her, "No and have a good afternoon". She replied "Thank you for calling, bye now"

What a nice service, it is just one phone call and I dont need to check my internet banking so often :-)

--
Tony
Old Dec 16th 2002, 5:40 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by a_student
credit card.
Tony,

You really shouldn't have bothered to check your bank balance via the internet so often. Banks do EOD (end of day) processing to upload and download daily transactions once, after the COB (close of business). Only in some instances involving intrabank (within the same bank) funds transfers will the transactions be effected immediately.

So, your account information will most likely remain the same every 6 hours within a 24-hour cycle :-)

Peter

(P.S. I work on banking systems for a global bank in several countries across the region, so I would know a bit about things like these.)
Old Dec 16th 2002, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Tony,

You really shouldn't have bothered to check your bank balance via the internet so often. Banks do EOD (end of day) processing to upload and download daily transactions once, after the COB (close of business). Only in some instances involving intrabank (within the same bank) funds transfers will the transactions be effected immediately.

So, your account information will most likely remain the same every 6 hours within a 24-hour cycle :-)

Peter

(P.S. I work on banking systems for a global bank in several countries across the region, so I would know a bit about things like these.)
Peter,

I am using a commonwealth visa credit card and I notice that the available balance of that credit card is updated online, this balance is basically the_credit_limit - any_transactions. I can not see the detail of transaction before the end of the day, but this balance will show me something - $1745 if DIMIA debit it. So, sometime I even check them every 2 hours

But it is over now, after that phone call *without a reference number*

--
Tony