Need help for Victoria SS

Old Dec 24th 2009, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road
Default Need help for Victoria SS

Hi all,

I am awaiting for my ACS result but late due to Xmas eve.and after getting it my agent will the 175 application.

I am also interested to apply for Vic SS, but confusion is that my agent only know about 175 and have not much knowledge of 176. I heard that VIC SS dont ask for Bank statement like that for proof of funds is that correct?

2. Its read that VIC SS have no fees, if it would have than Will this gona be a paper based or online application, I am asking this coz I dont have a Credit card but I do have a Debit card (but it is not VISA, its a local brand),will i be able to apply online with this?any particular insight?

3. Which Document are to be uploaded?

Can anyone advise how to proceed for VIC SS, sometime i wish that I could cancelout that bozo agent and do it myself.

Help me plz!

Thx!
Old Dec 24th 2009, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help for Victoria SS

I thought the website was quite helpful. According to the FAQ, the application is free, don't know about proof of funds.

What occupation are you in?

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...te-sponsorship
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I thought the website was quite helpful. According to the FAQ, the application is free, don't know about proof of funds.

What occupation are you in?

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...te-sponsorship
Thx Bermudashorts for your reply, I am an IT professional, specialization in Network Security, just a while my agent confirm for the +ve MODL Assesment Letter recieved.

Issue is that he is unsure of 176 process, what he recomend me to do it myself, whereas he will be the incharge of 175 application, if i got Vic SS then he will gona indorse it and convert it to 176 case

Will u plz give me more insight on 176 visa edge over 175.

Cheers & Marry Christmas
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You can lodge your 175 application now if your paperwork is ready. Then you could separately apply fo the Vic SS and if you are successful and accept the sponsorship, the state will send the paperwork back to DIAC to inform them that you are changing to a 176.

I did not do this myself, but as far as I can tell it is an easy process for most people.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You can lodge your 175 application now if your paperwork is ready. Then you could separately apply fo the Vic SS and if you are successful and accept the sponsorship, the state will send the paperwork back to DIAC to inform them that you are changing to a 176.

I did not do this myself, but as far as I can tell it is an easy process for most people.
After the lodgment of 175 application, how much time i need to wait, can i do it simultaneously?

Easy process sounds great.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

vsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant future

Hi Jovipk,

Applying for Victoria sponsorship is as simple as taking 10 to 15 mins online. There are generic questions which you can answer easily. You would need to state how much money (in Australian dollar) you have, put eastimated amount like 20 30 or 40 K. Other than that you will need to attach your detailed CV, assessment letter (scanned copy) and degree(s)/certificate(s) of your qualification.

And yes, it free of charge and you can do it in parallel to 175 application. You Victoria sponsorship, visit http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...-skilled-visas and create your login first for application

Best of luck,

Originally Posted by jovipk
After the lodgment of 175 application, how much time i need to wait, can i do it simultaneously?

Easy process sounds great.

Last edited by vsuccess; Dec 25th 2009 at 12:57 am.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

I have created my account and stuck at the point of DIAC info.

What I understand that DIAC(TRN & File number) is only needs to be filled here if someone is already is in SS process with this state, what if I have not applied yet for my 175 application or already have applied for 175 than I do need to be bother about it as it's not pertain to it.

2nd I am using agent for 175 application and doing this 176 myself so I dont need to put his detail over here.

Plz correct me If i am understanding wrong.

Thx!
Old Dec 25th 2009, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

zhmajumder is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jovipk
Hi all,

I have created my account and stuck at the point of DIAC info.

What I understand that DIAC(TRN & File number) is only needs to be filled here if someone is already is in SS process with this state, what if I have not applied yet for my 175 application or already have applied for 175 than I do need to be bother about it as it's not pertain to it.

2nd I am using agent for 175 application and doing this 176 myself so I dont need to put his detail over here.

Plz correct me If i am understanding wrong.

Thx!
Yes, your both the understanding is correct. You don't need to put the TRN number as you don't know this yet. You also don't need to give Agent info as the SS sponsorship application you are doing by yourself.

I also got the VSS sponsorship by doing it myself though I am using agent for my 175 application.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jovi,

when your state sponsorship application is successful, the sponsoring state will send you a form which you have to sign and send back to accept the sponsorship. On this form, you can also put your TRN if your visa application has been submitted meanwhile.
Well, at least that was the process with NSW, I imagine it's quite the same for all states.

Cheers
Matrisha
Old Dec 26th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matrisha
Hi Jovi,

when your state sponsorship application is successful, the sponsoring state will send you a form which you have to sign and send back to accept the sponsorship. On this form, you can also put your TRN if your visa application has been submitted meanwhile.
Well, at least that was the process with NSW, I imagine it's quite the same for all states.

Cheers
Matrisha
Hi Matrisha,

Thx for your clarification, this sounds acceptable.

All the best!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

salmanalimkhan is an unknown quantity at this point

How much time it takes to get Victoria SS? I have just applied last week and wants to know how much would they take. It is mentioned 8 to 10 week in their web site but as per the discussion on this forum it seems that it takes 5 to 6 month.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

worst case 15 weeks,
best case 4 weeks,

depends on your trade and need
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

salmanalimkhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay. Thanks. My trade is IT (Oracle Expert). I have got positive MODL assessment. Lets hope for the best.
As soon as i receive the SS I will submit the immigration case to DIAC.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

Originally Posted by salmanalimkhan
How much time it takes to get Victoria SS? I have just applied last week and wants to know how much would they take. It is mentioned 8 to 10 week in their web site but as per the discussion on this forum it seems that it takes 5 to 6 month.
varies from case to case mate... usually they take 3-4 months, but there are cases in whcih they have taken more than this..

More over states are revamping their migration plans after Feb 8 changes.. So this may also lead to some delay in state sponsarship.. by the way VIC has 30% success rate for IT professionals..

All the best to you in case you are in same category
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by qamar_qadian
varies from case to case mate... usually they take 3-4 months, but there are cases in whcih they have taken more than this..

More over states are revamping their migration plans after Feb 8 changes.. So this may also lead to some delay in state sponsarship.. by the way VIC has 30% success rate for IT professionals..

All the best to you in case you are in same category
no major chances have happened to state sponcer program yets.

All i know is, there is a stronge indication from WA, the wa state sponcer program could be replaced by the new migration plan.

For example I was told if you applied to wa ss program and they started the state migration plan, and you had the skills that appear on the list. You would get mirgration plan. .(source wa expo 2010). Rather the SS

Last edited by wookiee06; Mar 1st 2010 at 11:43 am. Reason: sss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.