Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Need Help with Providing evidence Prospective marriage.

Need Help with Providing evidence Prospective marriage.

Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:34 am
Southampton Fc

Mark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura aboutMark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura aboutMark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura about
Default Need Help with Providing evidence Prospective marriage.

I am a dual citizen born in England and I became an australian Citizen back in 1995. My fiancee lives in Southampton. We are about to lodge our prospective marriage visa and belive that we need to provide evidence of our relationship. Sarah my fiancee is in the Uk after heading back in October 2005 I travelled to the Uk for 4 weeks in May 06 and she came here for 3 weeks in February 07. We opened a joint bank account in Feb and have some photo's and more recently phone records as well. Its killing me not having her here and I need help knowing what is the best evidence I can send to immigration does it need to be original photo's etc or our photocopies etc ok. How much evidence do I need to send ? so if anyone has completed this type of visa could offer any advise it would be appreciated. Thanks Mark
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Help with Providing evidence Prospective marriage.

Originally Posted by Mark FitzGerald
I am a dual citizen born in England and I became an australian Citizen back in 1995. My fiancee lives in Southampton. We are about to lodge our prospective marriage visa and belive that we need to provide evidence of our relationship. Sarah my fiancee is in the Uk after heading back in October 2005 I travelled to the Uk for 4 weeks in May 06 and she came here for 3 weeks in February 07. We opened a joint bank account in Feb and have some photo's and more recently phone records as well. Its killing me not having her here and I need help knowing what is the best evidence I can send to immigration does it need to be original photo's etc or our photocopies etc ok. How much evidence do I need to send ? so if anyone has completed this type of visa could offer any advise it would be appreciated. Thanks Mark
Photocopies should be OK, and they won't need too many photos. Phone records and bank accounts are good. Have you thought of each making a will in favour of the other - can be done on cheap newsagents forms, but as long as they are witnessed they are valid and Immigration like those Other suggestions are - copies of itineraries for any trips you have taken together - flight tickets to show when you have visited each other, letters from each others families, any club memberships that you have joined together.
My Pros Marriage was a box file full of paperwork. The temp spouse visa was a lot less, and the PR was less again.

Make sure you copy all the forms before you submit them, then when you go for the actual spouse visa its just a question of copying dates etc rather than having to research them all over again.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:59 am
Southampton Fc

Mark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura aboutMark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura aboutMark Saints 4 Eva has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Need Help with Providing evidence Prospective marriage.

Thanks for the advise will get some photocopies sorted.