Need help please

Old Aug 21st 2011, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

LiddlerSA will become famous soon enough
Default Need help please

Hello all

I am new to this forum and I need some help with visa applications to Australia. My husband and I are talking about moving there permanently but I have no idea where to start.

Can anyone help?
Old Aug 21st 2011, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help please

Hi and welcome,

To get some proper advice you need to tell us a bit more about yourselves. What kind of application are you thinking of? Is one of you Australian and able to sponsor the other? Are you skilled workers? Do you have a job offer?

We emmigrated as skilled workers, but I don't want to bore you with that process if it is actually a spouse visa you would be looking for.

Come back and tell us a bit more about yourselves and then there will be plenty of help available.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 9:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LiddlerSA
Hello all

I am new to this forum and I need some help with visa applications to Australia. My husband and I are talking about moving there permanently but I have no idea where to start.

Can anyone help?
Have a look at www.immi.gov.au/visawizard - that will give you a broad idea of whether you might qualify for a visa
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

LiddlerSA will become famous soon enough

My husband is in IT and I work in Marketing, we both live and work in London. My husband will be 32 in April and I will be the same age in November.

I have been doing loads of research but my husband has such a broad scope when its comes to IT we not quite sure which occupantion he would fall under on the SOL. We would preferably like to apply for the Skilled Migration visa with no restrictions on area. We have spoken to a visa advisor who told that my husband would need to have his skills assesed.

We have been told that once you do this, you pretty much there apart from the standard criteria required for this visa.

all help and advice appreciated
Old Jan 11th 2012, 3:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is in IT and I work in Marketing, we both live and work in London. My husband will be 32 in April and I will be the same age in November.

I have been doing loads of research but my husband has such a broad scope when its comes to IT we not quite sure which occupantion he would fall under on the SOL. We would preferably like to apply for the Skilled Migration visa with no restrictions on area. We have spoken to a visa advisor who told that my husband would need to have his skills assesed.

We have been told that once you do this, you pretty much there apart from the standard criteria required for this visa.

If you have spoken to a migration agent would he/she not be the one to give you the advice?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 1:52 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

For IT related occupations read the skills assessment procedure on acs.org.au. You are going to have to match your job responsibilities to one or the other code that is on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), preferably on the Schedule 1 to have unrestricted 175 visa, or, Schedule 2 in which case you will have to first obtain state sponsorship and apply for a 176 visa. To help you match the occupation code, use immi.gov.au/asri and follow links from there to Australian Bureau of Statistics.

If there is no good match, you may need to consult a professional to help you with the occupation code, because this is the cornerstone of the skilled migration.

Also do the points test for 175/176 visa to see if you have enough points. Because if you don't, neither visa will work and you will have to think up some other strategy.