Need help (Immigration & IELTS)...PLEASE

Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

msheilamarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help (Immigration & IELTS)...PLEASE

Im a british citizen (originally from the Philippines) currently working as a nurse in Jersey, Channel Islands. We have been planning to move to Australia for a long time. I would just like to ask whether its gonna be better to apply through the visa bureau or go through nursing agencies to start the ball rolling.
Another question is regarding IELTS, i have been receiving conflicting information regarding IELTS. Some people say that as long as you have a post grad course in English that its not requirement anymore and some people say that its a requirement whether or not you live and study in an English speaking country. which is which?
Which is the best area in Australia to move to that has great weather, and reasonable house/rent prices.
Is the salary dependent on which city you are going to work?

please need some advise
Old Aug 4th 2012, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

msheilamarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help (Immigration & IELTS)...PLEASE

I know it’s a lot of questions but if any one can help it would be greatly appreciated
Old Aug 5th 2012, 3:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msheilamarie
I know it’s a lot of questions but if any one can help it would be greatly appreciated
Its a weekend and you were posting overnight Aussie time

For the lifestyle stuff you would be best asking in the main forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54
As far as the IELTS goes, you need to start by looking at the AHPRA site, and reading some of the threads in the Nursing forum
Old Aug 5th 2012, 4:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msheilamarie
Im a british citizen (originally from the Philippines) currently working as a nurse in Jersey, Channel Islands. We have been planning to move to Australia for a long time. I would just like to ask whether its gonna be better to apply through the visa bureau or go through nursing agencies to start the ball rolling.
Another question is regarding IELTS, i have been receiving conflicting information regarding IELTS. Some people say that as long as you have a post grad course in English that its not requirement anymore and some people say that its a requirement whether or not you live and study in an English speaking country. which is which?
Which is the best area in Australia to move to that has great weather, and reasonable house/rent prices.
Is the salary dependent on which city you are going to work?

please need some advise
Your best place to start is www.immi.gov.au to see whether you even qualify for a visa. Once you see what you might qualify for you can read further what the requirements are for that particular visa type.