Need to have a little moan......

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:28 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Need to have a little moan......

As many of you know, we are now fastly approacing 17 weeks since our visa application was submitted to the DIMIA .........and not even an incling of what is going on at the DIMIA with our application

Sorry to moan but its just getting us all down, especially the children as everyday i have to say to them that our visas are not here yet.

Another thing that i would like to moan about (If thats ok with you guys and gals on here) is that we are MODL, yes, MODL and are those applications meant to be priority processed????

And another thing (Sorry), is that the DIMIA were meant to be doing a little reorganising so to allocate the extra visa allocations they have been given.

Thats my moan out of the way. For today anyway and thanks for listening as i am sure that there are many others in the same boat

The Morton-Jones Family
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Need to have a little moan......

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
As many of you know, we are now fastly approacing 17 weeks since our visa application was submitted to the DIMIA .........and not even an incling of what is going on at the DIMIA with our application

Sorry to moan but its just getting us all down, especially the children as everyday i have to say to them that our visas are not here yet.

Another thing that i would like to moan about (If thats ok with you guys and gals on here) is that we are MODL, yes, MODL and are those applications meant to be priority processed????

And another thing (Sorry), is that the DIMIA were meant to be doing a little reorganising so to allocate the extra visa allocations they have been given.

Thats my moan out of the way. For today anyway and thanks for listening as i am sure that there are many others in the same boat

The Morton-Jones Family
Hang on in there, I know it's hard going but you know it will be worth it in the end. All the best. Andy
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:43 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...waiting is killing me. I have a lot of things to do before I'll go to Oz, including selling the house and I just couldn't begin doing something before I have the visa for sure.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

The Morton-Jones Family

Ditto moan!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwww Rob honey,
hang in there petal I know it is easy for me to say but when I put mine in November and you have yours then you will be telling me to do the same lots of Karma to ya
big fat hugs to you and yours Lace x
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:24 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

The Morton-Jones Family
Hi Rob & Trish

Don't worry about having a moan, you go ahead..... I feel as if all I ever do is whinge these days. Its only 13 weeks for us but Rich is a nurse and has a job to start on 5th Sept. Still nothing. When I emailed DIMIA on 30th June they emailed back on 1st July and said they hoped our visas would be granted within the month! Oh well 7 days to go before the end of Jly but somehow I just can't see it can you.....

Oh and to put top hat on it the house sale fell through and we should have moved out of here yesterday but are now back on the market Aarrrghh...
I finished work to pack up and sort things out but may have to back tempin to pay the bills

Good luck and chin up it'll come soon!!!!
Ang
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:32 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

The Morton-Jones Family
Hang on in there guys. I was MODL too, and it was very nearly 6 mths before I got the visa grant.
I know it's a living nightmare, I remember the waiting well, and every day I was on here moaning, but it will come through.
Moan away...I'm always here for you too moan at, especially if it gets a little bit of the stress off your mind for a minute or two.
Karma on it's way if I can.
Marie
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:52 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

The Morton-Jones Family
I know what it feels like ....MODL priority hahaha ....5 1/2 months for me as a nurse. But on the bright side it did come finally and it will for you too
Good luck, patient waiting !!!!
Gillian
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly what you mean Rob, we want to book flights up for a reccie trip in October or November. Qantas have some special fares on this weekend (Test Match Specials), now do we book the flights and take the risk or wait for the visa and pay higher airfares??
Decisions, decisions...........
Old Jul 24th 2005, 2:09 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

The Morton-Jones Family
Try not to worry about it Rob, hopefully it's a case of "no news is good news"
Old Jul 24th 2005, 7:15 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

The Morton-Jones Family
Moan all you like Rob, 'cos theres only us guys on expats who know what you are going through. Anyboby else just won't understand.

We are MODL too and for us it's exactly 5 months (regardless of what the ticker factory says) - acknowledged 25th Feb and tomorrow is 25th July. I've decided to throw the towel in at work (complicated reasons) but if the visa doesn't come through in the next 4 weeks looks like I'll be doing some tepming work too.

Plus it's my 41st birthday in 4 weeks and I really want to spend it with my Dad who has never been there on my birthday.

Hope you had a good 40th.

Last edited by TheRossers; Jul 24th 2005 at 7:52 am.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sme
I know what it feels like ....MODL priority hahaha ....5 1/2 months for me as a nurse. But on the bright side it did come finally and it will for you too
Gillian

I can't wait that long! Hubby's job starts on 21st November! I thought nurses visas were taking about 3-4 months! Maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up and just get on with life as if we're not going, but how can we?
Sorry, moan over. I haven't been waiting half as long as some of you.
Claire. x
Old Jul 24th 2005, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sme
Gillian
P.S. Did you send meds and pc's unrequested Gillian, or did you wait for them to ask for them?
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:53 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo2
P.S. Did you send meds and pc's unrequested Gillian, or did you wait for them to ask for them?
Hi Claire

Yes you can send PCC's and meds unrequested.
I sent my PCC's with my application back in April and the meds were done in May and sent straight away by DHL.
You can have your meds done and ask the surgery if they will hang onto them unti you get your request.
Just make sure that you put the case fre no on all pieces of paper in case they get lost.

Ang
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:12 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kitty4
Ditto moan!!!!
And me, nearly 16 weeks for us and so fed up BUT feeling a little better as we have decided that if we dont get this visa we're going to move elsewhere in the UK so it takes the pressure off as I was concerned about ending up homeless and visa-less!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.