Need advices: police records check

Old Dec 15th 2002, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advices: police records check

Hi everybody !

I received one week ago my request for police and medicals. Especially, I received the form 1101, entitled Police records check.

According to the instructions, this form is to be sent to the Australian Federal Police (AFP), where the processing time is 30 days. Then, the results of the police checks will be sent to me (I’m in France). If the checks show that the applicant is a criminal, the details will be sent to DIMIA.

As I'm not a criminal, I guess that I have to send the police check results myself to the DIMIA, once I get them from the AFP.

I've been given 49 days by DIMIA to send my documents. But, it took already one week, to the letter to reach France, and now it’ll take one more week to the police check form to reach the AFP, plus 30 days of processing, plus one week to come back to France and then one week to arrive to DIMIA. So I cannot meet the deadline !

Could anybody confirm that my understanding of the process is correct : do I have to send back the police check results to DIMIA myself once I get them ?
How did you manage to meet this deadline ?

Thanks for your help

Myriam
Old Dec 15th 2002, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steven O'Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Myriam

First of all the AFP checks take approximately 8-10 working days at present. Also if you require furter time than this, you can write to your case officer, before your period to respond runs out. And as long as you can show that you have applied for the AFP clearance (proof of payment, postage etc) then they under policy will give you further time.

Also with AFP clearances, in my experience, ALL clearances are sent to the visa applicant, whether there is a criminal record listed or not. It is then your responsibility to send it to your case officer.

Regards
Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Old Dec 15th 2002, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need advices: police records check

Originally posted by mcaprio
Hi everybody !

I received one week ago my request for police and medicals. Especially, I received the form 1101, entitled Police records check.

According to the instructions, this form is to be sent to the Australian Federal Police (AFP), where the processing time is 30 days. Then, the results of the police checks will be sent to me (I’m in France). If the checks show that the applicant is a criminal, the details will be sent to DIMIA.

As I'm not a criminal, I guess that I have to send the police check results myself to the DIMIA, once I get them from the AFP.

I've been given 49 days by DIMIA to send my documents. But, it took already one week, to the letter to reach France, and now it’ll take one more week to the police check form to reach the AFP, plus 30 days of processing, plus one week to come back to France and then one week to arrive to DIMIA. So I cannot meet the deadline !

Could anybody confirm that my understanding of the process is correct : do I have to send back the police check results to DIMIA myself once I get them ?
How did you manage to meet this deadline ?

Thanks for your help

Myriam
Hi Myriam

If you don't think you will make the 49 days deadline then tell Dima how long you expect the process to take.

Regarding your police checks I sent all the letter I recieved from UK and Australia police to DIMA.

KS
Old Dec 15th 2002, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default one more question

Thanks steven and KS for your answers !
I called the AFP and they said they could send the docs themselves to DIMIA if I request it in a letter. Do you think it's a good idea or is it preferable to ask an additional delay ?

Myriam
Old Dec 16th 2002, 1:16 pm
George Lombard

Default Re: Need advices: police records check

Bonjour Myriam,

D'abord, c'est absolument defendu de parler ici en une langue etrangere et
par simplement lancant quelque phrases en francais je serai egorge par des
courriels d'acier, a ainsi dire :-)

We have never used the possibility of AFP forwarding police clearances
direct as they often contain mistakes as to spelling or date of birth,
particularly where the original form 1101 has been handwritten and its
contents are not clear. Normally DIMIA will not accept any police clearance
with such errors.

Better therefore to accept a short delay in having the clearance returned to
you. If you remember to enclose a pre-paid return addressed envelope you
will also find it will save some time.

Best regards

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au

"mcaprio" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks steven and KS for your answers !
    > I called the AFP and they said they could send the docs themselves to
    > DIMIA if I request it in a letter. Do you think it's a good idea or is
    > it preferable to ask an additional delay ?
    > Myriam
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com