NEBOSH Diploma, CMIOSH and VETASSESS

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hornster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEBOSH Diploma, CMIOSH and VETASSESS

Hi,

Is there anyone on this forum who either yourself or you know of someone who has had a positive VETASSESS result for an Occupational Health and Safety Advisor occupation 2513-12 without a bachelors degree but instead the NEBOSH Diploma and Chartered membership with IOSH?

I seem to be struggling to convince VETASSESS.

Please and thank you.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:55 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEBOSH Diploma, CMIOSH and VETASSESS

Originally Posted by Hornster
Hi,

Is there anyone on this forum who either yourself or you know of someone who has had a positive VETASSESS result for an Occupational Health and Safety Advisor occupation 2513-12 without a bachelors degree but instead the NEBOSH Diploma and Chartered membership with IOSH?

I seem to be struggling to convince VETASSESS.

Please and thank you.
It's not reconigsed here the nearest qualification would be a cert IV...and I hear it is going to be scraped. Depending on the sector you work in most in OHS have degrees. I would imagine you will find it difficult to gain employment without the degree.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kelli28
It's not reconigsed here the nearest qualification would be a cert IV...and I hear it is going to be scraped. Depending on the sector you work in most in OHS have degrees. I would imagine you will find it difficult to gain employment without the degree.
Thanks for the feedback.

Surely being a Chartered H&S Practitioner with IOSH, the worlds largest and leading professional body for H&S practitioners is recognised in Australia?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:29 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hornster
Thanks for the feedback.

Surely being a Chartered H&S Practitioner with IOSH, the worlds largest and leading professional body for H&S practitioners is recognised in Australia?
Welcome to Australia

I've no idea what vetassess want but I just took a look at the syllabus of the diploma and it's total hrs of both taught and recommended study only equate to 465hrs that's only 8 weeks of a full time uni students schedule.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

I know this isnt much use as both of the examples I have were sponsored positions but I know personally 2 guys who have found great jobs in Oz on highways as OSH managers with just NEBOSH cert
Maybe its better to go sponsored?
It might not be recognized by the assessment body but it is by employers
Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
I know this isnt much use as both of the examples I have were sponsored positions but I know personally 2 guys who have found great jobs in Oz on highways as OSH managers with just NEBOSH cert
Maybe its better to go sponsored?
It might not be recognized by the assessment body but it is by employers
Cheers. That gives me some hope.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Welcome to Australia

I've no idea what vetassess want but I just took a look at the syllabus of the diploma and it's total hrs of both taught and recommended study only equate to 465hrs that's only 8 weeks of a full time uni students schedule.
Yet again, thanks for your input.

Based on what you say, am I correct in saying that even though the highly regarded NEBOSH Level 6 National Diploma has the same syllabus as a BSc in OHS and therefore is awarded at Level 6, as is a BSc, that purely because it isn't a 3yr full time course that VETASSESS and employers will not recognise it?