Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is my promotion going to cause me problems??

Is my promotion going to cause me problems??

Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice
Thumbs up Is my promotion going to cause me problems??

Hi there

I was just thinking whilst doing the washing (as you do) and i've suddenly thought of a problem with my application and wondered if anyone could shed any light on it or has had a similar problem. It's my recent work experience. I have been doing the same job for just over 2 years (im on maternity leave at the moment) BUT the place i worked have just given me a promotion and more money. My worry is I do the same job now as i did the day i started more or less (they had known for a long time that i do far more than my original job description and this is why i got the promotion) I was also given a new title as my bosses didn't think the term receptionist covered enuf of what i did so they changed it to 'Student Support and Information Management Assistant'(SSIMA) (i know but it _does_ sound more grown up). Now im very worried that when it comes to references and case officers they're gonna chuck my experience out becasue i have only OFFICIALLY been the SSIMA for a month (maternity leave doesn't count and i got the promotion the month i left) even though i have been doing the same job for 2 years prior to this.

When asking for references from my boss what do you think i should ask her to write? I know in the references it asks for the 5 main responsibilities my job covers and in this way i should be fine (im applying for Project & Prog Admin) but will the change in title and the promotion ruin everything? Any ideas or experiences similar.

I have decided for the moment not to employ a mig agent as we haven't the money so any advice would be lovely. Now ive got that off my chest i'll get back on with the washing.
Cheers in anticipation.
Lucie

Last edited by lucierainbow; Sep 6th 2008 at 9:00 am. Reason: sp mistake
Old Sep 6th 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all
Default Re: Is my promotion going to cause me problems??

My husband was also promoted once the visa had been submitted, which for us meant a change of address as well. Our agent did ask us for his new title so he could pass it with our visa. That was 3 months ago, and we haven't been asked to submit any extra information. He still fits all the criteria for the visa we are applying for, so I can't see how it makes a great deal of difference. I hope this helps.
Gill
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Java is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello lucierainbow

Please address your query to some agents who are active on this forum. I think they could give you a clear answer. Try the following site: http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#ourpeople

Could you please advise me how long the processing of your VETASSESS application took. On their website, they say 6 weeks.
I am awaiting for mine, it has been 2 weeks there.

Thank you.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice

Originally Posted by Java
Hello lucierainbow

Please address your query to some agents who are active on this forum. I think they could give you a clear answer. Try the following site: http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#ourpeople

Could you please advise me how long the processing of your VETASSESS application took. On their website, they say 6 weeks.
I am awaiting for mine, it has been 2 weeks there.

Thank you.
hi java
i got my VETASSESS back super quick within three weeks if i remember correctly . For the exact dates have a look at my blog. i wrote the dates on there exactly but im afraid i can't remember them off the top of my head.
Thanks for the replies.
Lucierainbow