My partner

Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Sarah123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My partner

I am in my final year of training to be a Speech and Language Therapist and according to an online points test I completed, when I have worked for a year I'll have enough points to emmigrate. My partner got no points though for his occupation so would he need to train for something on the list of occupations? or can he go with me and get a job when he gets there? I have so many questions such as when does he go from being a boyfriend to being de-facto? any help would be appreciated
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice
Default Re: My partner

Hi and welcome.

His occupation doesnt matter if he goes as your partner, which U need to prove youve been together for 1 year I think and he just needs to pass police checks and medicals.

I am sure one of the agents on here will give you precise advise you require.

Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Stoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really nice

Hello Sarah123,

I have been with my partner for a few years now although we are not married, I am hoping to go to oz on his Skilled Visa. It may differ depending on the visa you apply for but I believe from the agents that I have spoken to that it doesn't matter what profession he is as long as you are eligible, however in order to be considered de facto you will need to provide evidence that you have been together for more than 12 months such as joint bank statements etc and/or produce witness statements stating how you met etc.

Have a look at the following link it should be able to give you exact de facto requirements:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...tionship.htm#c

It is a minefield of information but from what I can gather, it's all worth it and if you do have any questions I'm sure you'll find people on here really friendly and informative (I did)!

Good Luck!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The together bit is not just been together, but lived together as a married couple, whether legally married or defacto. This means living in the same home, sharing bills, etc. You will need proof of this in the form of a lease or deed in both names, statutory declarations from family and friends stating they know you as a couple, etc.