MRT Appeal successful- George Lombard

Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

aud123 will become famous soon enoughaud123 will become famous soon enough
Default MRT Appeal successful- George Lombard

Hi

Not posted on here much but read and follow this forum .With the help of a helpful and patient agent, George Lombard, we passed our appeal. Not many people share their refusals of skilled visas but we applied for a 139 visa in June 2006 and December we were notified by post our application was unsuccessful. We had applied on our own and in hindsight should have got the help of a good agent. It failed because they believed the work experience did not match the SOL occupation I had chosen, was probably the work reference I had written and had got signed by my manager was not sufficient enough in detail, so sometimes worth the money to hire a GOOD agent.

Anyway we applied to the MRT- Migration Review Tribunal in Jan 2007 and finally heard on the 21/8 ( a phone call from George and was half asleep but was soon awake after hearing the news) we had been successful.

So now the application goes back to DIAC and have to do the medicals etc, but would like to thank George for his help and recommend his expertise to all who are thinking of applying..... So I may be offically the last 139 to go through
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MRT Appeal successful- George Lombard

Originally Posted by aud123
Hi

Not posted on here much but read and follow this forum .With the help of a helpful and patient agent, George Lombard, we passed our appeal. Not many people share their refusals of skilled visas but we applied for a 139 visa in June 2006 and December we were notified by post our application was unsuccessful. We had applied on our own and in hindsight should have got the help of a good agent. It failed because they believed the work experience did not match the SOL occupation I had chosen, was probably the work reference I had written and had got signed by my manager was not sufficient enough in detail, so sometimes worth the money to hire a GOOD agent.

Anyway we applied to the MRT- Migration Review Tribunal in Jan 2007 and finally heard on the 21/8 ( a phone call from George and was half asleep but was soon awake after hearing the news) we had been successful.

So now the application goes back to DIAC and have to do the medicals etc, but would like to thank George for his help and recommend his expertise to all who are thinking of applying..... So I may be offically the last 139 to go through
Did you have to do a trade assessment or a skills assessment? The reason I am asking is many people will be interested in this thread - Thanks for sharing by the way

My OH skill had to be assessed by the TRA who ask for detailed work experience. Mine however was assessed by VETASSESS who purely looked at qualifications.

Hope the rest of the application process goes smoothly for you.

Laura
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

aud123 will become famous soon enoughaud123 will become famous soon enough

Hi

Thanks

Had a positive assessment from VETASSESS (as residential care officer), the problem was they thought my work experience was more of a teachers aide( which is not on the SOL list) than an Vocational Education Teacher( which I applied under) I do not have a degree, but a diploma so was applying for a 50 point, with a diploma.

When it went to the MRT, I and George had to submit alot more evidence to prove I was working as a Vocational Education Teacher.This was under the old 139 skilled designated visa so I did not need points, basically had to proved I was in a skilled position. Been 14 months since we first applied so hope the rest goes smoothly
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Had a positive assessment from VETASSESS (as residential care officer), the problem was they thought my work experience was more of a teachers aide( which is not on the SOL list) than an Vocational Education Teacher( which I applied under) I do not have a degree, but a diploma so was applying for a 50 point, with a diploma.

When it went to the MRT, I and George had to submit alot more evidence to prove I was working as a Vocational Education Teacher.This was under the old 139 skilled designated visa so I did not need points, basically had to proved I was in a skilled position. Been 14 months since we first applied so hope the rest goes smoothly
Good luck to you!

We haven't gone with an agent but George has a fantastic reputation on BE!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Really good news for you & good luck with the rest of the process.
We are going it alone as hopefully is straightforward application but would def have used a MARA agent if had any doubts. Of course I may live to regret that decision still!!