moving too australia

Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

gordyandnati is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving too australia

hi everyone me and my gf are moving too australia end of year im a electrcian any info and advice much appreciated also what a good agent too deal with and how hard is it too take 2 cats with us ? also what licenes do i need too work there and how long will this take ?

also what will cats be like with the spiders over there im moving too perth

gordon
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:30 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving too australia

Originally Posted by gordyandnati
hi everyone me and my gf are moving too australia end of year im a electrcian any info and advice much appreciated also what a good agent too deal with and how hard is it too take 2 cats with us ? also what licenes do i need too work there and how long will this take ?

also what will cats be like with the spiders over there im moving too perth

gordon
First thing you might want to do is look at www.immi.gov.au Then you may want to think about brushing up on your English skills. You're going to need to speak English in order to fill in your application.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:32 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Read this first: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...migration/136/

How are you getting into Australia at the end of this year, do you already have a visa or have an employer sponsoring you?!

Last edited by WS; Feb 28th 2007 at 9:38 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

gordyandnati is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ws99
Read this first: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...migration/136/

How are you getting into Australia at the end of the year, do you already a visa or have an employer sponsoring you?
spoke with a visa agent andhe said i can go on a 12 month visa and get a permanent one when im there is a skilled visa as i have a trade
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Trickster is an unknown quantity at this point

Gordon, don't worry about what Dorothy says. If you are a native English speaker, that's all you have to worry about regards English Language.

She is right about trying out the www.immi.gov.au site first though. And I believe there are bigger problems than whether your cats will get along with the spiders.

Dorothy, go easy. It was Gordons first post!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

you must have very high connections is you are going at the end of the year yet know nothing about the visa process!
Good luck
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gordyandnati
spoke with a visa agent andhe said i can go on a 12 month visa and get a permanent one when im there is a skilled visa as i have a trade
Why on earth do you not want to get the permanent visa before you leave? A "trade" in itself is not enough for permanent residence so what would you do if this was refused?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trickster
Gordon, don't worry about what Dorothy says. If you are a native English speaker, that's all you have to worry about regards English Language.

She is right about trying out the www.immi.gov.au site first though. And I believe there are bigger problems than whether your cats will get along with the spiders.

Dorothy, go easy. It was Gordons first post!
Whether it's his first or 1001 post, his English is atrocious. In order to pass the requirements for filling out a TRA, visa application and then getting licensed in Australia, he will need much better writing skills than those demonstrated here.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Gordon

I think you better focus on your own chances and that of your partner to get an Australian P.R.rather than putting emphasis on your cats.

Have you done a points test ? Did your agent told you for what in which visa category you stand better chances etc......

You should also follow the advice of Dorothy on the rest..
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:44 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

we are moving to australia too but we do not have two cats. good god, my head is spinning