Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Moving state regional visa 491 family sponsored

Moving state regional visa 491 family sponsored

Old Feb 22nd 2020, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

daveD2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving state regional visa 491 family sponsored

Hi Everyone

Can I please clarify whether if I get sponsored by my a family member from Victoria for visa 491, can we move to other states regional area. It is not quite clear from the website but I do'not think I find any such restriction.

Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2020, 3:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving state regional visa 491 family sponsored

Originally Posted by daveD2000
Hi Everyone

Can I please clarify whether if I get sponsored by my a family member from Victoria for visa 491, can we move to other states regional area. It is not quite clear from the website but I do'not think I find any such restriction.

Thanks
If you're getting sponsored by a family member in Victoria then you'll need to provide evidence in your application that your family member lives in one of the designated regional areas of Victoria. I 'think' you can work in any designated regional area in Victoria but am not certain of that, someone else might know. What you can't do is move to another State, nor work in Melbourne.

Live, Work and Study in a designated regional area in Victoria for the period of the visa

A primary obligation of the Victorian visa nomination process is that you and all of your dependents live, work and study in a designated regional area in Victoria, as defined by the Department of Home Affairs, for the period of the visa. This period begins when you enter Australia on the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) or if you are already onshore, when your visa is granted by the Department of Home Affairs
https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/m...tion-visas/491

See the designated regional areas' postcodes in Victoria here
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...regional-areas

Old Feb 23rd 2020, 8:22 am
Just Joined

daveD2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving state regional visa 491 family sponsored

Thank you dear. It is very clear from the regional website

I still have just a slight confusion by looking at Home Office website, the following two can be interpreted as two distant sub-streams (i.e., with a family sponsorship, I am technically not being sponsored by the state). Do you think family sponsorship from Victoria get eventually classed as Victoria state sponsor as well? Thanks you.

Nomination by an Australian state or territory government agency

Sponsorship by an eligible relative