MODL (subclass)136 visa

Old Jan 21st 2006, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Default MODL (subclass)136 visa

Hiya All,

I am going as a refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic. ( TRA is 'Yes')

I am in process of applying for MODL (subclass) 136 Visa.
Applied online ages ago (while waiting for TRA result), to STNI Victoria, just got e-mail saying they would sponsor me.

I have heard that if you go down the STNI route, your application has priority! Is this true?? Should I mention the above on my application?

What is the average timescale for MODL(subclass)136 visa application?

Cheers All

Dave and Kathh
T.T.F.N.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 5:30 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MODL (subclass)136 visa

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
Hiya All,

Applied online ages ago (while waiting for TRA result), to STNI Victoria, just got e-mail saying they would sponsor me.

I have heard that if you go down the STNI route, your application has priority! Is this true?? Should I mention the above on my application?

Cheers All

Dave and Kathh
T.T.F.N.
Hi guys

My hubby is a Chef (MODL) & this is our timeline for a 136 Skilled Independant Visa:

04/08/05 - BN136 Visa Appl arrived at ASPC
15/08/05 - Ack letter received from ASPC
16/11/05 - CO Assigned; Meds, PCCs & 1022 requested
17/11/05 - PCCs requested from West Yorkshire Police
21/12/05 - Received PCC's back
04/01/06 - Had medicals & Xrays at Lindley Group Practise, Huddersfield
09/01/06 - Doctor sent Meds to Sydney, we sent PCC's, & 1022 to C.O.

Now we are just waiting waiting waiting!!!

claire
x
Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:01 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi guys

My hubby is a Chef (MODL) & this is our timeline for a 136 Skilled Independant Visa:

04/08/05 - BN136 Visa Appl arrived at ASPC
15/08/05 - Ack letter received from ASPC
16/11/05 - CO Assigned; Meds, PCCs & 1022 requested
17/11/05 - PCCs requested from West Yorkshire Police
21/12/05 - Received PCC's back
04/01/06 - Had medicals & Xrays at Lindley Group Practise, Huddersfield
09/01/06 - Doctor sent Meds to Sydney, we sent PCC's, & 1022 to C.O.

Now we are just waiting waiting waiting!!!

claire
x
You're getting excited aren't you !!
Old Jan 21st 2006, 9:10 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
You're getting excited aren't you !!
yes but so flipping stressed out!!!!! AARRGGHH!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

rahulaustraliamein is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=daveandkathh]Hiya All,

Cheers All

Dave and Kathh
SIR ,
I TOO HAVE TO APPLY AS A AC AND REF MECHANIC TO TRA . AS U TO APPLIED AS SAME TRADE ....CAN U TELL ME WHAT DOCUMENTS DID U SEND THEM?
AND DID TRA TALKED TO YR EMPLOYERS....IF YES...... WHAT DID THEY ASK ABOUT?
AND I AM NOT HAVING ANY CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE IN AC AND REF. MECHANICS ...JUST 7 YEARS EXPERIENCE...FULL TIME AND PAID...CAN U TELL ME WHAT R CHANCES OF TRA POSITIVE ASSESSMENT?
PLZ REPLY
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=daveandkathh]Hiya All,

I am going down the STNI route as you get extra points for state sponsorship and you also do not have to pay the bond as with a normal Visa. Can you tell me how long Victoria state took to approve your state sponsorship? We applied in August and are still waiting.
Good luck with the application

Louise
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya All,

Cheers All

Dave and Kathh
T.T.F.N.
Hi Dave & Kath

136 and 138 visas, with nominated occupations on MODL, are priority processing anyway - so, presumably you have no relatives in Australia to sponsor you, if you can score 120 under 136 without the investment, I can't see any advantage in going STNI.

Tony
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:42 am
ged
Forum Regular

ged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really nice
Smile Re: MODL (subclass)136 visa

[QUOTE=rahulaustraliamein]
Hiya All,

Cheers All

Dave and Kathh
SIR ,
I TOO HAVE TO APPLY AS A AC AND REF MECHANIC TO TRA . AS U TO APPLIED AS SAME TRADE ....CAN U TELL ME WHAT DOCUMENTS DID U SEND THEM?
AND DID TRA TALKED TO YR EMPLOYERS....IF YES...... WHAT DID THEY ASK ABOUT?
AND I AM NOT HAVING ANY CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE IN AC AND REF. MECHANICS ...JUST 7 YEARS EXPERIENCE...FULL TIME AND PAID...CAN U TELL ME WHAT R CHANCES OF TRA POSITIVE ASSESSMENT?
PLZ REPLY

Hiya,

I am a Refrigeration eng, 7 years should be enough for you to go without any certificates. When you do your TRA you will have to send them as much detail as you can on how you do your job, including all the tools you use to do it, mention safe handling courses, training been given to you & any courses you might have been on etc etc.

Good Luck

Ged