British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Minister's announcement on GSM visas – 8 February 2010 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ministers-announcement-gsm-visas-%E2%80%93-8-february-2010-a-653530/)

Si T Feb 11th 2010 7:30 am

Re: Minister's announcement on GSM visas – 8 February 2010

Originally Posted by salmanalimkhan (Post 8332077)
Please re-read the complete thread and minister instructions. We had discuss the issue yesterday on thread and came to conclusion that all applications after 08FEB2010 would be affected by new SOL due in April.

And who or what says the conclusion was correct.

Sometimes "We don't know" means "We don't know". Until further announcements are made any conclusions made on this or any other emigration forum are pure conjecture.

From my own reading I have come to the conclusion that other than MODL points the 08th of February is a cut off date for specific groups such as those already submitted. Again this is only my opinion and is not one I will try and convince anyone else is correct. I will, however, proceed as if it is as I have to make a decision for me and my family based upon my own understanding of the situation and not one presented to me by members of an internet forum. I have full respect for their opinions but it does not mean that they know any more than anyone else until more formal announcements are made.

azakir Feb 11th 2010 7:32 am

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz (Post 8332268)
I do agree that majority of people on this site have a long way to go in terms of their ability to communicate in English. But at the same time, one must remember, not everyone is trying to sneak into this country with broken English, dodgy qualifications and unsubstantiated work experience. I guess we should not blame if people are trying their best to get a better standard of living as long as they are going through proper channel.
Also I believe that people on this forum have some right to speculation, as this forms a legitimate part of a discussion. If you only need to know legislation, you don't need to come to this site; you can find out about it from immigration website and so many other places. So asking "what do you think is going to happen to SOL?, will my occupation be on the new SOL?" is not totally silly and outside the scope of this forum.

Steve99: "Even if you do somehow manage to get into the country, be warned that if you get the chance to be in front of a prospective employer they are likely to ask you to leave within about 30seconds."

this statement refers that finding job is very hard in Australia. and there are oversupply of HRs...

Dorothy Feb 11th 2010 7:39 am

This thread is fast becoming chat, which is not suitable for this part of the forum - chat goes in the Barbie or Lounge areas, not Immigration. Please get the thread back on topic or it will be closed.

leo_mean_lion Feb 11th 2010 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8332315)
This thread is fast becoming chat, which is not suitable for this part of the forum - chat goes in the Barbie or Lounge areas, not Immigration. Please get the thread back on topic or it will be closed.

no new message... have u closed this thread

Pollyana Feb 11th 2010 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by leo_mean_lion (Post 8333056)
no new message... have u closed this thread

If it was closed, do you really think you would be able to post in it?:rolleyes:

steve99 Feb 12th 2010 2:45 am

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz (Post 8332268)
I do agree that majority of people on this site have a long way to go in terms of their ability to communicate in English. But at the same time, one must remember, not everyone is trying to sneak into this country with broken English, dodgy qualifications and unsubstantiated work experience. I guess we should not blame if people are trying their best to get a better standard of living as long as they are going through proper channel.
Also I believe that people on this forum have some right to speculation, as this forms a legitimate part of a discussion. If you only need to know legislation, you don't need to come to this site; you can find out about it from immigration website and so many other places. So asking "what do you think is going to happen to SOL?, will my occupation be on the new SOL?" is not totally silly and outside the scope of this forum.

Im not saying anyone is trying to sneak in, im saying that the level of communication some people are capable of is very poor and even if they do somehow get into Australia they are going to find it extremely difficult to secure employment because they cant commumincate properly, there is already an oversupply (im talking in IT) of recent migrants who cant get past 1st interview, no amount of saying i'll do the job for less is going to get these guys work.

I disagree around what your saying about it not being silly to ask things like "what do you think is going to happen to SOL?" it's pure speculation, you may as well answer that sort of question with something like " the SOL will mean that all applications are aproved in 24hrs and along with your visa you'll be given a free flight to the city of your choice and Kevin Rudd will personally greet you at the airport and drive you to your new house that he'll be subsidising whilst you start looking for a job...."

Factual information is the only information that is going to help anyone trying to apply for a visa to get into Australia.
Trying to find the useful information the likes of George posts on here amongst repetitively speculative questions about someones personal situation or opinion detracts from that and I know ive contributed to that with my posts but it was in an attempt to try and get the thread back on track.

Dorothy Feb 12th 2010 2:56 am

Originally Posted by steve99 (Post 8334707)
Im not saying anyone is trying to sneak in, im saying that the level of communication some people are capable of is very poor and even if they do somehow get into Australia they are going to find it extremely difficult to secure employment because they cant commumincate properly, there is already an oversupply (im talking in IT) of recent migrants who cant get past 1st interview, no amount of saying i'll do the job for less is going to get these guys work.

I disagree around what your saying about it not being silly to ask things like "what do you think is going to happen to SOL?" it's pure speculation, you may as well answer that sort of question with something like " the SOL will mean that all applications are aproved in 24hrs and along with your visa you'll be given a free flight to the city of your choice and Kevin Rudd will personally greet you at the airport and drive you to your new house that he'll be subsidising whilst you start looking for a job...."

Factual information is the only information that is going to help anyone trying to apply for a visa to get into Australia.
Trying to find the useful information the likes of George posts on here amongst repetitively speculative questions about someones personal situation or opinion detracts from that and I know ive contributed to that with my posts but it was in an attempt to try and get the thread back on track.

I have moved all of George's information to the locked sticky at the top of the immi section. He will let one of us mods know ASAP if there are any more announcements to be posted in teh sticky.

Alucard Feb 12th 2010 4:04 am

Originally Posted by steve99 (Post 8332048)
The best piece of advice I can give the majority of people that have posted on this thread with the same questions over and over again, is to go away and learn how to read and write english properly.

You only need to be capable of reading a couple of threads on here to be able to get all the information you need to answer your questions, dont waste your timing asking things like "does anyone know if there going to do this..." or "Are they going to change this..." If that info was known you would find it when you read the threads.

The level that some of you are able to communicate at is appaling.
Even if you do somehow manage to get into the country, be warned that if you get the chance to be in front of a prospective employer they are likely to ask you to leave within about 30seconds.

Someone is bitter for some reason...

TheRutters Feb 12th 2010 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Alucard (Post 8334798)
Someone is bitter for some reason...

.....and poorly punctuated. Maybe he should "go away and learn how to read and write english properly"

Learn the following difference:

'there' and 'their'
'properly' and 'correctly'
Correct use of the conjunctive and apostrophe
Nouns and verbs (time and timing)
Proper spacing (30seconds)

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist becoming the forum grammar Nazi after that :rofl:

aliash Feb 12th 2010 6:03 am

Originally Posted by TheRutters (Post 8334855)
.....and poorly punctuated. Maybe he should "go away and learn how to read and write english properly"

'there' and 'their'

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist becoming the forum grammar Nazi after that :rofl:

lame

Shereen Feb 12th 2010 6:15 am

Originally Posted by TheRutters (Post 8334855)

'there' and 'their'

I totally agree :thumbup:

Dorothy Feb 12th 2010 6:29 am

In case anyone missed it when I said it before...This thread is for sharing information related to the changes announced on 8 February. The forums created for chat are called The Barbie and The Lounge.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=283

Now, as promised this thread is closed. Go gossip about puncutation somewhere other than the Immigration forum.