been asked to sit the test tomorrow.
Old Jul 17th 2016, 11:40 pm
rtp
Just Joined

rtp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ministerial discretion s22.9

Originally Posted by xhuyx
been asked to sit the test tomorrow.
@xhuyx, congratulation. for your application under s22.9, except australian spouse, do you have australian children , previous employment or property property to reinforce your association with australia ?
Old Jul 18th 2016, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

xhuyx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rtp
@xhuyx, congratulation. for your application under s22.9, except australian spouse, do you have australian children , previous employment or property property to reinforce your association with australia ?
Thanks, it's all yeses to ur questions. Children, property, businesses...
Old Jul 18th 2016, 1:51 am
rtp
Just Joined

Thanks, it's all yeses to ur questions. Children, property, businesses...
@xhuyx, thanks, i am currently assessing my ties with australia if claiming sec 22.9 , may i know how long you've been living in australia before application ?
Old Jul 18th 2016, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rtp
@xhuyx, thanks, i am currently assessing my ties with australia if claiming sec 22.9 , may i know how long you've been living in australia before application ?
2.5 yrs, i needed the claim of 22.9 for 6 months.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 1:52 am
rtp
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you are just short of days, can you just wait and apply later?
found the post as above, CO may ask the same question for "onshore" applicants.
when claiming discretion s22.9 its believed applicants already got pr status to live in Australia w/o restriction,
then how to properly file the statement for "why can't I just wait and why citizenship is needed earlier".

Last edited by rtp; Jul 19th 2016 at 2:00 am.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

hi all, just an update. My application has been approved yesterday. Now just wait for the ceremony. So approximately 6 months from submission to approval. Not sure how much more to wait for the ceremony. My council holds ceremony every month so hope it's not gonna be too much longer.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 11:37 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rtp
found the post as above, CO may ask the same question for "onshore" applicants.
when claiming discretion s22.9 its believed applicants already got pr status to live in Australia w/o restriction,
then how to properly file the statement for "why can't I just wait and why citizenship is needed earlier".
Well, simple answer is, why can't you wait. The discretion is designed for people who almost qualified, have qualified etc but had to relocate due to Oz spouse having overseas commitments, especially for Oz government. You are in the country, what makes you special not to wait?
Old Jul 29th 2016, 1:38 am
rtp
Just Joined

Smile Re: ministerial discretion s22.9

hi all, just an update. My application has been approved yesterday. Now just wait for the ceremony. So approximately 6 months from submission to approval. Not sure how much more to wait for the ceremony. My council holds ceremony every month so hope it's not gonna be too much longer.
@xhuyx, congratulation !

as being a "onshore" applicants , did you document any compelling reasons for earlier application through claim of sec 22.9 discretion ?
Old Jul 29th 2016, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rtp
@xhuyx, congratulation !

as being a "onshore" applicants , did you document any compelling reasons for earlier application through claim of sec 22.9 discretion ?
No reason. If you think you're elligible base on the citizenship instruction then just apply for it. Dont know why you think they're gonna ask you for reason of applying early. It does not state anywhere in the citizenship instruction for reason of applying early instead of waiting, does it?

But keep in mind that the processing time is much longer then normal situation. If you need more than 6 months of time spending oversea to be counted as in Australia, then go for it, otherwise it's better to wait.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Finally, ceremony on 15/09. 7 months after applicstion date.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

just a wrap up for anyone who is going to apply in the same discretion

application submitted : 04/02/16 (onshore, Nullimbik council, VIC)
invitation for test email received on 13/07/2016, original test date 11/08/16, moved test date to 14/07/2016 through online system.
request to change council to Dandenong on 24/07/16
approved letter received 3/8/16, dated 23/07/16
ceremony invitation received 30/08/16, dated 23/08/16. ceremony date of 15/09/16.

applied based on aus spouse, children, properties, businesses, physically in Aus for total of 2.5 years in the last 4 yrs.

cheers guys
Old Sep 7th 2016, 7:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

just a wrap up for anyone who is going to apply in the same discretion

application submitted : 04/02/16 (onshore, Nullimbik council, VIC)
invitation for test email received on 13/07/2016, original test date 11/08/16, moved test date to 14/07/2016 through online system.
request to change council to Dandenong on 24/07/16
approved letter received 3/8/16, dated 23/07/16
ceremony invitation received 30/08/16, dated 23/08/16. ceremony date of 15/09/16.

applied based on aus spouse, children, properties, businesses, physically in Aus for total of 2.5 years in the last 4 yrs.

cheers guys
No disrespect meant to you, but I have to say that this makes a mockery of the whole citizenship process. Basically its saying that anyone who is married to an Aussie, and lives here, can get citizenship without meeting the same residence requirements as the rest of us.
Maybe everyone on a PR spouse visa should just apply for Min Discretion as soon as they are lucky enough to get the visa? Most of them will have lived here for 2-3 years by that point with processing times so slow these days.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 11:30 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No disrespect meant to you, but I have to say that this makes a mockery of the whole citizenship process. Basically its saying that anyone who is married to an Aussie, and lives here, can get citizenship without meeting the same residence requirements as the rest of us.
Maybe everyone on a PR spouse visa should just apply for Min Discretion as soon as they are lucky enough to get the visa? Most of them will have lived here for 2-3 years by that point with processing times so slow these days.
Too bloody true, I can't believe that's allowed, as a citizen I'll be sure to write to MPs getting that loop hole closed! No probs with when spouse gets posted overseas on behalf of OZ but bloody hell, using this to speed up citizenship just because?? Screen short heading to immigration minister as we speak (:
Old Sep 7th 2016, 11:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Too bloody true, I can't believe that's allowed, as a citizen I'll be sure to write to MPs getting that loop hole closed! No probs with when spouse gets posted overseas on behalf of OZ but bloody hell, using this to speed up citizenship just because?? Screen short heading to immigration minister as we speak (:
Yeah, if a person is genuinely working overseas etc, thats what the discretion was designed for, but in a situation like this I'm just baffled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.