Migration as a firefighter

Old Aug 26th 2016, 5:44 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration as a firefighter

Originally Posted by verystormy
That is an unusual level of points. I would strongly recommend you have them checked as if you over claim a single point is can / will result in a refusal and potentially even a 3 year ban from applying again.

For example, are you including points for English? If so, have you completed an English exam such as ILETS?
I thought the same thing VS but OP does say earlier up the thread that he has sat IELTS already, and is only 31 currently. I get a rough total of the same - 30 for age, 20 for English (assuming all 8.0's or better), 15 for experience, 10 for qualification recognised by assessing body (hopefully) and then 5 or 10 points for sponsorship which SA say can be included in reaching the 80 points required.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Moomin23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I thought the same thing VS but OP does say earlier up the thread that he has sat IELTS already, and is only 31 currently. I get a rough total of the same - 30 for age, 20 for English (assuming all 8.0's or better), 15 for experience, 10 for qualification recognised by assessing body (hopefully) and then 5 or 10 points for sponsorship which SA say can be included in reaching the 80 points required.
Exactly that, I got 20 points for getting 8.5 on IELTS, plus diploma and experience and also age etc, I could possibly have 5 more if the missus has a job on the CSOL list too but I'm not including thag at the moment
Old Aug 26th 2016, 11:01 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moomin23
Exactly that, I got 20 points for getting 8.5 on IELTS, plus diploma and experience and also age etc, I could possibly have 5 more if the missus has a job on the CSOL list too but I'm not including thag at the moment
Well that would be enough for state sponsored to South Australia but as mentioned before - we do have the highest unemployment for mainland Australia. I think it took me just under 5 months to get my first job here although I work in a licensed occupation, so something to consider.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Well that would be enough for state sponsored to South Australia but as mentioned before - we do have the highest unemployment for mainland Australia. I think it took me just under 5 months to get my first job here although I work in a licensed occupation, so something to consider.
Ah well see mate, I'll await my vetasses and see what happens, part of the conditions are proving u have funds for minimum three months, but let's just see anyway I can't do anything about my job or experience
Old Aug 27th 2016, 7:52 am

Ah well see mate, I'll await my vetasses and see what happens, part of the conditions are proving u have funds for minimum three months, but let's just see anyway I can't do anything about my job or experience
No, but one thing to be aware of is that once you have a visa, you do not have to work in the occupation you used to get the visa.

Some jobs here - https://apply.sa.gov.au/jobs/Pages/JobsSA.aspx and check SEEK or similar for a general idea of what jobs are around.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

This guy for real...lol

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 27th 2016 at 11:25 pm. Reason: remove the spam
Old Aug 27th 2016, 6:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

This guy for real...lol
Spammers try it on all the time Moomin, best to just ignore them. There's an exclamation mark at the bottom left of each post (next to the karma button), if you click on that you can report the post as spam and the mods will get rid of it and the poster as well