Migration Expos 2007

Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:51 am
Just Joined

daisy97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration Expos 2007

Hi

Does anyone know of any expos that are on this year and where I can look for them. I found one in Earls Court but its in 2 weeks time and there is no way we can get there that quickly. We live just outside Bristol so were hoping there might be some fairly near, but I cant seem to find any. We are hoping to move to Aus within the next 2 years but havnt actually started the process yet - still doing research and trying to decide which part - started off Perth, then Adelaide, then Brisbane and now back to Perth - now Im totaly confused!! Think visiting an expo and speaking to some people in the know might help.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:10 am
AUS OR BUST!!!!!!

kelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nicekelkins44 is just really nice
Default Re: Migration Expos 2007

Hello

I've heard and read mixed reviews about expos the only one I know of is the Earls Court one that seems to be bigger than the rest and may be of more help!! SOme people say they are too generalised between america, aus and canada etc rather than being geared up for one country.

I have had the same problem about where to settle, we are narrowed down to Perth now, but its been Brisbane, Adelaide then Brisbane again lol
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Smile Re: Migration Expos 2007

Originally Posted by daisy97
Hi

Does anyone know of any expos that are on this year and where I can look for them. I found one in Earls Court but its in 2 weeks time and there is no way we can get there that quickly. We live just outside Bristol so were hoping there might be some fairly near, but I cant seem to find any. We are hoping to move to Aus within the next 2 years but havnt actually started the process yet - still doing research and trying to decide which part - started off Perth, then Adelaide, then Brisbane and now back to Perth - now Im totaly confused!! Think visiting an expo and speaking to some people in the know might help.

Hi,
you just missed one! There was one at Sandown in surrey this weekend 3rd/4th march. We went and managed to clarify a few things we were unsure of. We've also been to the one in York which is run by 'Emigrate'. Look at www.outboundpublishing.com they organise most of them.

Worth going to if you're at the begining of the process, otherwise waste of time really. They cover things like financial issues-pensions etc..., removals, and visas of course!

Have you been to Perth & Brisbane? We went to Perth last year, Florida in Dec (don't ask!) and are planning on going to Brisbane in Nov for a recky trip in a view to applying for our business visa in April next year. We loved Perth but was a bit worried that there wasn't enough to do. Especially once you've lived there a few years. But again it depends what you want. We have 2 small kids and want them to have more oportunities as they get older, althogh we've never been to Brisbane (Queensland area) we have friends there who reccommend it!

good luck anyway!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

katey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi,
you just missed one! There was one at Sandown in surrey this weekend 3rd/4th march. We went and managed to clarify a few things we were unsure of. We've also been to the one in York which is run by 'Emigrate'. Look at www.outboundpublishing.com they organise most of them.

Worth going to if you're at the begining of the process, otherwise waste of time really. They cover things like financial issues-pensions etc..., removals, and visas of course!

Have you been to Perth & Brisbane? We went to Perth last year, Florida in Dec (don't ask!) and are planning on going to Brisbane in Nov for a recky trip in a view to applying for our business visa in April next year. We loved Perth but was a bit worried that there wasn't enough to do. Especially once you've lived there a few years. But again it depends what you want. We have 2 small kids and want them to have more oportunities as they get older, althogh we've never been to Brisbane (Queensland area) we have friends there who reccommend it!

good luck anyway!!!!
That is the old website the new one is www.emigrate2.co.uk

Apart from a show this coming weekend in Belfast the next ones are 29-30th September at York Racourse in York and 6-7th October at Stoneleigh Park, Coventry.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kelkins44
Hello

I've heard and read mixed reviews about expos the only one I know of is the Earls Court one that seems to be bigger than the rest and may be of more help!! SOme people say they are too generalised between america, aus and canada etc rather than being geared up for one country.

I have had the same problem about where to settle, we are narrowed down to Perth now, but its been Brisbane, Adelaide then Brisbane again lol
Thanks for the advice - its a nightmare trying to decide where to live - we need to go over and tour round to decide, but the reality is that with an 18 month old daughter and jobs (still have to pay the bills here) its not going to happen. We will keep looking - at the moment Perth is def tops.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi,

good luck anyway!!!!
Thanks - I will def look into going to one. We havnt been over to Aus all - which sounds sooooo stupid when we are thinking of moving there. It kind of started as my husband has family in NZ and has been there a few times and worked there and loved it - but the more we looked into it, Aus seems to have more opportunities for us and the wages are higher!!! We know we want to better our lifestyle though and are pretty sure the the UK is not the place to do it!!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katey
That is the old website the new one is www.emigrate2.co.uk

Apart from a show this coming weekend in Belfast the next ones are 29-30th September at York Racourse in York and 6-7th October at Stoneleigh Park, Coventry.
Thanks - will have a look at the links.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by daisy97
I found one in Earls Court but its in 2 weeks time
Can't see this on the Earls Court web site. Do you know the dates for it, or have a web link?

Thanks,

Mark.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:22 pm
Banned

chilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to all

http://www.expo-australia.com/
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chilli
Thanks for that. Has anyone else been and found it useful? I don't want to have to pay £30 + travel for us to go if I'm not going to get anything out of it that I can't get from this forum. Do you feel under any pressure from anyone?

Thanks,

Mark.

Edit: I should point out that we know where we are going to go, I am an Australian citizen, just need to apply for my wife's spouse visa, which we will be doing on our own.

Last edited by medwaymark; Mar 5th 2007 at 2:53 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

AJCS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

I was at the Emigrate show in Edinburgh. I would honestly say that we did not learn any more at that show than what we have read on this forum and ******** forum and from the various websites. We paid £14 entry plus another £3.50 each to listen to a talk from 3 agents. Most of the stands were Canadian and the Australian ones were either mostly banks or shipping companies.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AJCS
Hiya

I was at the Emigrate show in Edinburgh. I would honestly say that we did not learn any more at that show than what we have read on this forum and ******** forum and from the various websites. We paid £14 entry plus another £3.50 each to listen to a talk from 3 agents. Most of the stands were Canadian and the Australian ones were either mostly banks or shipping companies.
We went to a couple of expos in 2005 - I have got to say that I have found more info from THIS site and the wonderful people on it, than I got at either of the expos we went to.

So my advice is plough through the BE site and if you can'tfind what you want to know - then ASK!!

trust me - someone will answer
Niz.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AJCS
Hiya

I would agree with this statement. You would probably learn more by visiting the pubs in Earls Court and speaking to the Ozzy's than the Expo
Old Mar 12th 2007, 12:46 pm
Banned

chilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to all

i learned things from the show that i could not have learned on here..

in the scheme of things, the 30 odd quid it cost was nothing compared to the overall cost and overall decision to emigrate..

i do think the show is for people at the early stage..

i have an agent close to where i live. it was likely that we would have used them.
when i saw their stand we went over to them. i was greeted by a slimey toad of a man who i could never deal with. (im sure his mum loves him)
i will use an agent from that show. ( i found him on here tho )

i did think of tassie as an option but the tassie lady poured cold water on that idea so i wont waste time on it..

each to their own but it was ok for me..