Migration experts

Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

ctarry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration experts

Hi
There seems to be many 'migration expert companies' out there. Can anyone recommend one that is trusted? I need to have a good chat with someone about my options (if any)

I am so confused with all the different visa options that there are and the requirements.

I am 25 years old and single. I am a qualified football coach (since 2007), but I only do this around 2 hours a week.

Since June 2011, I have been self employed as a gardener (which i have seen on a list that is in demand). doing around 25 hours a week, although gardening is something i have done for many years

I also volunteer as a Special Constable in my spare time
I have read that different visa's need different work experience, e.g 3+ years, and another is 12 out of 24 months...

So from my understanding, I don't quite qualify yet?

Last edited by ctarry; Apr 24th 2012 at 7:22 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration experts

Originally Posted by ctarry
Hi
There seems to be many 'migration expert companies' out there. Can anyone recommend one that is trusted? I need to have a good chat with someone about my options (if any)

I am so confused with all the different visa options that there are and the requirements.

I am 25 years old and single. I am a qualified football coach (since 2007), but I only do this around 2 hours a week.

Since June 2011, I have been self employed as a gardener (which i have seen on a list that is in demand). doing around 25 hours a week, although gardening is something i have done for many years

I also volunteer as a Special Constable in my spare time
I have read that different visa's need different work experience, e.g 3+ years, and another is 12 out of 24 months...

So from my understanding, I don't quite qualify yet?
www.immi.gov.au is where to look. Do the visa wizard to see if you qualify for anything although looking at what you have written I would so nothing but a working holiday.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with Dorothy. Gardener is only on the list of employer sponsored. It may be in some state sponsorship lists too, which you would need to get your skills assessed by tra IF you find a state with it on (it may be on some with 'special conditions' meaning you can only apply if you did your training in that state). Things are changing at the beginning of July, so I would hold off and see what happens. Or look at the working holiday visa.

Good luck
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that link

I have already had a working holiday visa in 2010

Comes up with subclass 175 visa
"you must have worked for 12 months in the last 24 months in any occupation on the applicable SOL"

so i am a few months out

gardener is on the State and Territory SOL - is that where there is a shortage in a particular area, e.g not the main cities?

i will have to play the waiting game
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

That means that a certain state can decide to sponsor you. That is the only visa other than a employer sponsored one you can get.
You need both a skills assessment done by tra and to find a state who has gardener on their list. They each publish these lists and update it when they have enough people in that occupation for the year. Watch out for 'special conditions' though as I think south Australia has gardener, but with special conditions, which are that you must have done your two years full time training in south Australia.
I can tell you now though that you are unlikely to pass the skills assessment with so little work experience. Do you have any formal qualifications?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

No qualifications in gardening, but have been looking into RHS qualifications
My qualifications are in the science area (a levels in chemistry, biology and physics) - no work experience though

Can I ask out of curiosity, how do they carry out the skills assessment?
Practical type work, exams, both?

i suppose that waiting another year or so would give me time to save up (depending on how things change)
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

With no qualifications you are going to have to wait a fair bit longer than a year I think, especially as you are not working full time.

I am not sure exactly how the skills assessment works if you are not in Australia. Normally you give them a copy of your qualifications and references etc.
For gardener if you trained here in oz (which I did), you have to have studied full time for two years, then you need six months of full time work experience. After that you have to work for another year filling in log books, doing little tests and paying them large amounts of money. And doing it in oz is EASIER than if you trained outside of Australia.

If I were you I would email tra and ask them how many years experience you need with no qualifications. I wouldn't be suprised if it were 5+ of full time, if they will accept it at all.

Good luck.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Time to go meet an Aussie girl...
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by James516
Time to go meet an Aussie girl...