Migration Agents, Good Ones

Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

daviddrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration Agents, Good Ones

Can anyone reccomend a good migration agent. We live in Scotland and are not sure which route to take, do we go to an agent or not. If we go to an agent, a reccomended one would be great.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migration Agents, Good Ones

If you do decide on using an agent then I would recommend George Lombard. I am sure I will not be the last to suggest him. Also a few others come recommended and regularly post within this site.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

We are using Concept Australia they have offices north and south and are really helpful. they cost us just under 1500.00 but you can pay in 3 instalments.

Good luck

Tina x
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

fartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nice

Originally Posted by steveandtina
We are using Concept Australia they have offices north and south and are really helpful. they cost us just under 1500.00 but you can pay in 3 instalments.

Good luck

Tina x
Hi Guys.

We used 'GO MATILDA'

They are very good, and allways answers any phone calls or E-Mails.

Alan Collett is the main man,and if you visit thier web site to have a look,im sure you get a free consultation.

Also you pay for services in installments,which helps to budget your cash.

Marina Towner is our agent at Go Matilda, and cant thank her enough for Effort and Comittment.

Give them a go?

Good luck on your journey
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fartso
Hi Guys.

We used 'GO MATILDA'

They are very good, and allways answers any phone calls or E-Mails.

Alan Collett is the main man,and if you visit thier web site to have a look,im sure you get a free consultation.

Also you pay for services in installments,which helps to budget your cash.

Marina Towner is our agent at Go Matilda, and cant thank her enough for Effort and Comittment.

Give them a go?

Good luck on your journey
Hi Guys, thanks for your response, do you have the email or contact details for Go Matilda??
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kathmand194
If you do decide on using an agent then I would recommend George Lombard. I am sure I will not be the last to suggest him. Also a few others come recommended and regularly post within this site.
Hi! George Lombard seems to come up a lot on this site, do you have any idea what costs using an agent adds to the total. Noticed someone else quoted £1500 for the service???

Cheers
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

fartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nice

Originally Posted by daviddrt
Hi! George Lombard seems to come up a lot on this site, do you have any idea what costs using an agent adds to the total. Noticed someone else quoted £1500 for the service???

Cheers
Hi,

Depends on the type of Visa you are going to apply for.

Type in GO MATILDA into your search engine,and it will come up'your gateway to Australia'

I'm a firm beliver in what you pay,is what you get.

Go on mate,go for it!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daviddrt

Cheers
There are so many different types of visa I would guess it varies greatly depending on which visa is suitable for you.. A good starting point would be to make contact, discribe your position then ask for a quote.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

I would highly recommend Migrate Mates...based on the gold Coast and the owner of the company has been through the whole process herself so is a wealth of knowledge on everything involved from trades recognition to which visa to finding a house on arrival!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Dustyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Migration Agents, Good Ones

I did'nt use one at all. I just filled in all the forms myself/got all the info. they needed and sent off the application forms. Exactly six months later I got my PR visa, no problems at all. Found it all straighforward. Honestly I don't see why anyone would need a migration agent (no offence I hope) unless it was a tricky/difficul circumstance. I'm a Nurse so my application was pretty straighforward.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:26 am
Just Joined

tammyandbrett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are also using Go Matilda and have been really pleased with the service. I don't think they are the cheapest but not the most expensive either. Everything is done through telephone and email so it dosen't matter where you are based. We can also say that our application seems to have gone through quite quickly in comparrison to other August apps. I don't know if we have just been lucky or wether it's something to do with the agent we are using??
Give them a call and get a quote. I certainly reccomend them
Best of luck
Tammy
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

aside from those already mentioned, another helpful agent who also contributes here is Tony Coates
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

We picked Gomatilda, because their prices were quite good, 'the Boss' Alan Collett, is always on Ex pats, helping with information, and have an office, near to where we used to live, so I wouldn't have to rely on post etc; (Our application was delivered by hand).

We are now in the zone, 'the big black hole', of, what is happening, where,
when, why? Our agent, says it's because, he is, very thorough and careful, but like most, who add to the threads, can't help but think, it's another version of, slow, and slower! The word, yesterday, doesn't exsist, in the immigration process.

I will add, that we are, trying, to apply for, the CP Visa, and that, we are told, is even slower, at the moment, but it would be great, if we could get past the first hurdle !!!!!!!!!! (we were told, on submitting the application, that all appeared ok, and ready ?)

Regards Lin
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

helsbells79 is an unknown quantity at this point

We spent a lot of time debating over whether or not to use an agent. Ultimately, for us, money was a big consideration. At first we were really scared about doing the application ourselves. We are applying for a 175 (skilled independant), and at first it seemed really daunting. We contacted a few agents for quotes, and had almost decided to go down that route, but changed our minds. THe internet is full of so much useful information, and this forum is invaluable. We have so far managed to get positive skills assessment results, and have lodged our online application. I know I shouldn't jinx it, but we're fairly sure we have done everything we need to.

It has been a bit stressful, but for us, the stress has been worth it as has saved us the £2000 that an agent would have charged! My advice would be to contact a few agents. They should all do some form of free assessement that will go through a number of questions to determine which visa is most suitable for you. THey will then give you a price. At this stage, you can decide whether it is worth paying for an agent, or if your application is straight forward, whether to save the money and go it 'alone'!!

I hope that this is of some use....there are plenty of people on here who have not used an agent and have gone on to get their visa in a similar timeframe to those using agents!

Good luck
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:47 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

ASA have been great so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.