Are Migration Agents Essential?

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

KandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really nice
Default Are Migration Agents Essential?

Hello there,

I am new to this forum and am just starting to seriously consider a permanent move to Australia (probably either Perth or Adelaide area) with my wife and two young children. On face value it looks like I should qualify for a skilled worker Visa.

However we are a bit unsure on the need to engage a Migration Agent either as a checking service or to fully handle the application. Does anybody have any comments or advice? Is it essential to use a Migration Agent?

Also does anybody have any recommendations of good agents or warnings of bad ones? Ideally we would like to deal with someone based in the North of the UK (either Yorkshire or North West) so we can have some face to face contact rather than just over the telephone.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

K
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:13 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Migration Agents Essential?

its not essential mate but some people prefer to use them especially if your case is unusual or if you want someone else to check your work. If you do use one you might want one that's MARA registered https://www.mara.gov.au/

There are some migration agents on here you might want to do a search for

Good luck mate
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It can only be your decision having taken into consideration how much time and effort you can put in. The booklet takes you through everything you need to do and there is stacks of help on here if you DIY.

However, if there are any issues that you think could upset the application like convictions or medical issues etc then it's well worth seeking the advice of a registered agent.

If you choose to hire an agent, you will still be doing most of the work and it won't get you the visa any quicker. You should only use a MARA registered agent These are all the ones in the UK. It's honestly not necessary to do a face to face. In fact many people happily use agents who are based in Aus.

Good luck.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

KandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really niceKandR is just really nice

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
its not essential mate but some people prefer to use them especially if your case is unusual or if you want someone else to check your work. If you do use one you might want one that's MARA registered https://www.mara.gov.au/

There are some migration agents on here you might want to do a search for

Good luck mate
Cheers for the response sonlymewalter, as a first time poster its nice to know someone is out there. We will check the list.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:25 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KandR
Cheers for the response sonlymewalter, as a first time poster its nice to know someone is out there. We will check the list.
no probs mate glad to help
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

spectralcluster will become famous soon enoughspectralcluster will become famous soon enough

I know who I wouldn't use...
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spectralcluster
I know who I wouldn't use...
spectralcluster, any advice / warnings would be appreciated. I need to put a few more posts on prior to being able to view any private messages, but would be grateful if you could let me know of anybody to be wary of.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by KandR
spectralcluster, any advice / warnings would be appreciated. I need to put a few more posts on prior to being able to view any private messages, but would be grateful if you could let me know of anybody to be wary of.
please be aware that everyone has different experiences for a variety of reasons mate. The MARA site I mentioned also notes when migration agents have been struck off and the reasons as to why.

Other than this it is all very subjective but I guess you'll already know this mate
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:37 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

^^ what he said. Just to add, that I have seen some posters going completely off the hook about their agents being slow and such, on account that their applications are either in the queue or stuck in "internal/external checking" whatever that is. It is worth mentioning that everyone's mileage varies and sometimes emotions take over, sometimes it is pure lack of understanding what DIAC does, and what in fact the agents do. No agent will guarantee an outcome, let alone a processing timeframe, so when doing your research look into reasons for dissatisfaction, and take it with a grain of salt so to speak.