Migration Agent Questions

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road
Default Migration Agent Questions

Hi, have just found your site and have a little question about Migration Agents.

I have appointed one & now paid their fee in full.

The problem I have is even simple questions that I ask them take 3 or 4 days for a reply. Often I have to ask the same question 2 or 3 times also. They also state on their website that your case will be handled by one agent throughout the whole process. To date we are on our 3rd person from the company. They helped us a lot with the TRA assessment, we have received an email from them to say that we have passed. When asked for the details to put on the Visa form they said they will do that for us. Does this seem a little odd? should they send me some details of the supposedly passed TRA?

Am I being impatient expecting a quicker reply? And am I worrying over nothing regarding the TRA? Any advice would be gratefully recieved.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migration Agent Questions

Hi there,
I am using an agent and she is fantastic, all emails are answered the same day. She keeps me up to date with everything, never feel that I am bothering her.

With regards to them saying they will keep the skills assesment with them, I think this is pretty normal and they can fill the info in on your form when you send it. If you really want a copy though, ask them to scan and email you a copy. Can't hurt and then your mind will be at rest.

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, I am probably worrying for nothing. Just keen to get things moving. Just seems replies are slower than before they had my money.

I guess a lot of these guys business come from referrals so it's in their interests to look after everyone. They were great with the TRA, maybe they are just very busy at the mo.

Thanks for the reply.

btw was amazed how quickly the TRA thing came back, think it was only about a week!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

That is really quick, congrats. Ours was about 3 weeks. Just trying to get final bits together now to lodge 175 visa. Fingers crossed!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like you are in the same position as us, just getting together the final few bits & pieces for the 175.