Migration Agencys

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie Dreams will become famous soon enough
Default Migration Agencys

Hi can anyone recommend a migration agency in the UK? We have just had a free assessment done and they recommend a General Skills migration application.

This requires my Uncle/Aunt to sponsor us (OZ) but as they are retired we need a Assure of support also. How much money counts as an Assure of support? As they have good friends out there who are prepared to help this shouldnt be a problem. (We have our own savings and the assure process is mearly a paper exercise.)

Also how do you check out what your educational degree is worth in OZ as they say we need to secure a positive skill assessment from the respective regulatory authority on OZ. I'm having trouble with this as my degree bares no relivence to my current job role so they say its worth less points! I cant earn any money in myfield anymore (microbiology brewing)
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:30 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Agencys

Originally posted by Aussie Dreams
Hi can anyone recommend a migration agency in the UK? We have just had a free assessment done and they recommend a General Skills migration application.

This requires my Uncle/Aunt to sponsor us (OZ) but as they are retired we need a Assure of support also. How much money counts as an Assure of support? As they have good friends out there who are prepared to help this shouldnt be a problem. (We have our own savings and the assure process is mearly a paper exercise.)

Also how do you check out what your educational degree is worth in OZ as they say we need to secure a positive skill assessment from the respective regulatory authority on OZ. I'm having trouble with this as my degree bares no relivence to my current job role so they say its worth less points! I cant earn any money in myfield anymore (microbiology brewing)
From what I've read on here you couldn't go wrong by talking to George Lombard of Austin Immigration (www.austimmigration.com.au). George seems to be a very well respected immigration agent.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:03 am
Jaj

Aussie Dreams wrote:

> Hi can anyone recommend a migration agency in the UK? We have just had a
    > free assessment done and they recommend a General Skills migration
    > application.

For registered agents visit http://www.themara.com.au
You could try Ian Harrop - he has got a good reputation.

Alternatively, why not deal with an Australia based agent?

>
    > This requires my Uncle/Aunt to sponsor us (OZ) but as they
    > are retired we need a Assure of support also. How much money counts as
    > an Assure of support? As they have good friends out there who are
    > prepared to help this shouldnt be a problem. (We have our own savings
    > and the assure process is mearly a paper exercise.)

See form 28 for details:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/28.pdf

>
    > Also how do you
    > check out what your educational degree is worth in OZ as they say we
    > need to secure a positive skill assessment from the respective
    > regulatory authority on OZ. I'm having trouble with this as my degree
    > bares no relivence to my current job role so they say its worth less
    > points! I cant earn any money in myfield anymore (microbiology brewing)

If you have a UK bachelors degree, you can nominate any 50 point
occupation of your choice. Vetassess do the assessments, degree subject
is irrelevant.

As long as your work experience is in a skilled occupation - not
necessarily the same one - you should normally be ok. Check the Skilled
Occupations List.

Normally sponsored people can get to the pass mark with a 50 point
nominated occupation.

If you work in a registrable occupation (in Aus terms) such as nursing,
law or teaching (there are about 20 in total) then you should get
professional advice as there may be problems using a 50 point occupation.

Jeremy

--
This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 2:43 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Oz based agents or UK based Agents?

I have a biased opinion on this but..........

Just make sure whoever you choose is registered with MARA (not an associate membership of MIA as one scam merchant is flying at the moment)

and

that you can get on with them.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 2:43 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Who's that then Richard? Can you send me an email?

Best regards (and see you in a couple of weeks).

Originally posted by Richard Gregan
Oz based agents or UK based Agents?

I have a biased opinion on this but..........

Just make sure whoever you choose is registered with MARA (not an associate membership of MIA as one scam merchant is flying at the moment)

and

that you can get on with them.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 2:47 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

We have people in the UK and in Australia - please feel able to call my office in Southampton (023 80 488777) and to ask for John Sylvester. John can then send you a fee proposal.

I or one of my colleagues in Melbourne would also be available to liaise with your relatives re the Sponsorship and the Assurance of Support as required.

See also:
http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm

Best regards.

Originally posted by Aussie Dreams