is a migrant agent worth it?????

Old Oct 9th 2013, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Teia01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is a migrant agent worth it?????

Hi everyone looking bit of guidance.... had my first consultation with an agent and the price they charged was higher than we had budgeted for!!! I work in civil service so was thinking I mite be able to do forms by myself?? And have a close friend who is a solicitor??? Wat do u think??? Its for a 190 visa. I dont wanna mess up our chances but is it worth the money??? If I do go it alone wats my next step?? Is it an EOI gorm?? Not 100 percent?? If anyone has done it alone can u please let me know if it was ok and how did u do it??? Please help thanks so so much xxx
Old Oct 9th 2013, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is a migrant agent worth it?????

Originally Posted by Teia01
Hi everyone looking bit of guidance.... had my first consultation with an agent and the price they charged was higher than we had budgeted for!!!
Did you not ask what they would charge before making the appointment?????????????
Old Oct 9th 2013, 7:02 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone looking bit of guidance.... had my first consultation with an agent and the price they charged was higher than we had budgeted for!!! I work in civil service so was thinking I mite be able to do forms by myself?? And have a close friend who is a solicitor??? Wat do u think??? Its for a 190 visa. I dont wanna mess up our chances but is it worth the money??? If I do go it alone wats my next step?? Is it an EOI gorm?? Not 100 percent?? If anyone has done it alone can u please let me know if it was ok and how did u do it??? Please help thanks so so much xxx
Have you confirmed that your OH can pass the points test for a skilled visa? If so, have you checked to see what states will sponsor OH's occupation and if they have any additional criteria? You also need to look at whether your OH can pass the skills assessment for their occupation, and what is involved in that.

That should give you a start
Old Oct 9th 2013, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Teia01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that info!!! I honestly don't have the first clue where to start!!!! His job is on the csol list and we were advised to apply for a 190 visa but dont know where to start!!! Any advice thanks
Old Oct 9th 2013, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

So, if the occupation is only on the CSOL, you will need either state or employer sponsorship. First thing is to check which states if any are sponsoring.

Your starting point is immi.gov.au.

However, based on your last post, I think you might benefit from an agent. The process isn't about just filling in forms, but about ensuring you qualify.

If you do use an agent, then make sure you use a MARA registered agent.

Also do research if there are actually jobs in what you do. Being on the list, particularly the CSOL is no guarantee you will find a job.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that info!!! I honestly don't have the first clue where to start!!!! His job is on the csol list and we were advised to apply for a 190 visa but dont know where to start!!! Any advice thanks
You need to sit down and read about the visa you think you want to apply for. And read about the skills assessment for your occupation. If you don't want to spend time reading, then you need to use an agent.

You can read about the visa on www.immi.gov.au.

To establish your basic eligibility you need to add up your points (you can also find this on the website), check your occupation is on the lists and if it is only on the CSOL you need to also go and check all the state sponsorship lists to see if any are sponsoring. Use google to locate the state sponsorship lists. You should also read up on the skills assessment for the chosen occupation to ensure you have the qualifications nod work experience required.

Also just a tip, but multiple punctuation marks like ??? and !!! at the end of every sentence are really quite annoying, I almost skipped over your thread because of them. You might want to tone it down.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 2:09 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Teia01.

My hunch is that instructing a migration agent will be worthwhile for you.

Your spelling and punctuation aren't great, and these things can make a difference to the assessment of your case.

Maybe contact 2 or 3 more migration agents, and gather together some more proposals as to fees.

Best regards.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Similar thread by OP a few days ago. Seems they were looking at using the services of "Visa First".