Wikiposts

Migrant Agent or Not???????

Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Migrant Agent or Not???????

Please could you help make our decision??????? I have been Married to an Australian for the past 8 years we have a daughter who holds an Australian Passport by descent. We are wanting to obtain a spouse visa, I have no medical problems or no criminal convictions. I have in-laws in Australia and have been out on holiday 3 times. Agents have quoted up to £900 for there service. I have looked through the application form and we meet all the requirements and there is nothing that we can't provide. Or should we submit the application form ourselves and save the £900? If we do something wrong on the form does this automatically mean that we would be turned down for a visa? PLEASE HELP?:
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrant Agent or Not???????

You could probably do it yourself - just be sure to read (and re-read!) everything and supply all the documents that are requested. Perhaps you could get a registered agent to check it over before you lodge it. Can't imagine they would charge too much for this and it may give you some peace of mind.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:54 am
Just Joined

mac_addict is an unknown quantity at this point

I went with an agent.......so far I am looking at a final bill of £6000 pounds!!! and my case was straight forward, not happy
I went with an agent because I thought..... they do it day in day out, I was not sure of what I was applying for, and I had heard the if any part of your application was wrong, they just send it back and you start again.
In hind sight I would do it myself and get an agent to check it over, although £900 seems like a good deal in comparison.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

If its simple, then do it yourself, complicated go through an agent.

They are businesses like any other so ring round and haggle!!!!

Good luck.

Cx
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Migrant Agent or Not???????

Originally Posted by mac_addict
I went with an agent.......so far I am looking at a final bill of £6000 pounds!!! and my case was straight forward, not happy
I went with an agent because I thought..... they do it day in day out, I was not sure of what I was applying for, and I had heard the if any part of your application was wrong, they just send it back and you start again.
In hind sight I would do it myself and get an agent to check it over, although £900 seems like a good deal in comparison.
Jesus!!! £6000 god!!

We went with an agent and she was fantastic, cost around £3500 but paid as each part of the application was lodged. If we didnt understand something we just emailed her or rang her and she sorted it out straight away.

Who did you go with??

Dont think we could have done it ourselves as we went in with references and we are going in on state sponsorship so she sorted all that out for us.

Good luck with yours and if your child and husband are australian then surely you should be ok.

Nickie
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:30 am
Just Joined

mac_addict is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if I'm allowed to say who I am with (I will if I am) We were going to change companies, but with the way they charge, we would have got a huge bill for rapping our case up, and this is after a 50% discount! Yes I have had my trousers pulled down to my ankles and been truly shafted. It costs me money every time I talk to me agent, so I try not to.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about
Default THANK YOU!!!!!(migrant agent or not)

Thanks to all who sent me a reply, it has help me make my decision. Going to bite the bullet and lodge the form myself. Fingers crossed that it all goes well.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:42 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

you don't need an agent...save yourself money...a spouse visa is the easiest and quickest visa...you will have no problems at all...just double check you have filled it all in correctly. My husband got his in 8 weeks
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Hi,
A friend of mine is in the same situation as you, married for 10 years with 3 children (ozzies by descent) She has just recieved her visa, she did it alone and the application was very straightforward. It was all the stuff they asked for during the process that was a pain eg: proof of relationship (how the household chores were split), joint invitations (who keeps those?), a bit like the film Green card! You would think a 10 year marriage and 3 kids would be enough
Good luck - i'm sure you will sail through it!