Middlesbrough Medicals

Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Middlesbrough Medicals

Just thought I would share our experience of medicals at North Ormesby.

First of all the x-ray's and medicals are carried out at two separate places. I telephoned to make the appointment for x-rays and got an appointment pretty much straight away. The medical centre is a really old large house. We were shown to a waiting room and even though we arrived early there weren't a lot of people around and we were dealt with promptly. You basically go into a little room and put on a gown, have the xrays taken then sort out the paperwork and pay the cash (it was around £70 each). We were told to collect the xrays on our way to the medical appointment.

There was around a four - five week wait when I rang to book the appointment at North Ormesby for the medical which could be a worry if there were any problems as you only have a certain amount of time to get your meds etc back to DIMIA. Again, we arrived early as we werent familiar with the area and assumed wrongly that it would be another private clinic.

Our appointment was 3.45 with the nurse then 5pm with the Doctor. We arrived at around 3pm and therefore had to wait an hour before we were seen. Our two kids were freshly scrubbed and kitted out in best gear as were hubby and I. The waiting room was quite full with people waiting for their doctors appointment and there was the usual family from hell with kids running riot.

The waiting room was really hot and stuffy and a bit grubby (hubby said it reminded him of colditz). My six year old son decided to explore the play area as he was getting bored but soon came back when kid from family from hell punched him in the back.

Eventually hubby was called in to be seen and then while I was sitting, a little boy sitting on his mother's knee behind me threw up all over her. I took her some tissues and tried to help her clean her sari up (while praying that i didnt end up with some horrible stomach bug).

The nurse and doctor who dealt with the medicals were both very efficient and professional and although I did end up getting a dreaded breast exam, I didnt feel too uncomfortable.

We all had blood pressure check, eye test, general health test, hubby and I had to give blood sample, we all had to give urine sample. All in all the waiting room was more traumatic than the medical!

We eventually finished and left at 5.40pm after handing over £440 for the pleasure of it - luckily no medical issues were found and the nurse commented on how healthy we all were.

If anyone is considering booking medicals here, I would say go for it but just make sure you dont arrive too early!

Jaymac