Meeting pass mark at lodgement time

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Leostar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meeting pass mark at lodgement time

I have recently applied for a 176 visa (sponsored by relative) and am worried about whether I in fact made a valid application.
I hold a UK passport so will get 15 points for competent english - however my total points were only 95 (the pass mark being 100 for the 176 visa). So I completed the IELTS test and passed as proficient in english in order to get the additional points I need to meet the pass mark.
I applied for the IELTS test and submitted confirmation of the test date with my application however the results only came after the time period allowed to attach documents to my e-application.
So in effect at the time of application I did not reach the pass mark - does anyone know of someone being in a similar situation and whether or not their application was successful?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Meeting pass mark at lodgement time

is there no one out there that alleviate some of my stress??!!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

sodhi.rinku is a jewel in the roughsodhi.rinku is a jewel in the roughsodhi.rinku is a jewel in the roughsodhi.rinku is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Leostar
is there no one out there that alleviate some of my stress??!!
Dear your application will refused if you not achieved the pass marks In this visa subclass there in no morks reserved for Pooling ap[plication so you have to clear your IELTS Exam for additional 5 marks for a sucessful application.
Best Of Luck
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:49 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Your application is 'valid' as you are a UK passport holder so IELTS is not mandatory at point of application - as long as you have 120 points when the CO looks at it you should be fine.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Do a search for valid application on www.immi.gov.au
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for your answers - I am feeling a lot better - I also had a similar answer posted on the SA - Australia forum