Meds sent courier or post?

Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

liamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura about
Default Meds sent courier or post?

We have our medicals due on Wednesday and wondered should they be sent by courier or by post??

Any comments greatly appreciated

Lia
Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds sent courier or post?

Originally Posted by liamcnaught
We have our medicals due on Wednesday and wondered should they be sent by courier or by post??

Any comments greatly appreciated

Lia

We asked for ours to be sent by courier, it cost us an extra £12 but at least they got there

Some of the panel doctors don't use courier, but you can arrange for one yourself if not. Just make sure that they don't open them
Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

liamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for reply - when I made the appointment over the telephone they quoted £65 for courier - is that a normal fee?

Lia
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:22 pm
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by liamcnaught
Thanks for reply - when I made the appointment over the telephone they quoted £65 for courier - is that a normal fee?

Lia
Hi Lia,

I have just had my medicals, and we are using our own courier.

From various conversations I have had with people concerning sending things over to Oz, it would seem that Royal Mail are ok for non-urgent/non-secure documents, but always spend that little bit extra for the reassurance a proper Courier gives you, with important docs. After all, for the sake of an extra £12 it's got to better than chancing it with RM. Another thing, if you send it using Royal Mail International Signed For, there are a few problems when it comes to checking who signed for it at the other end. It doesn't yet seem that RM have ironed out all the problems with tracking once it leaves their control, ie good old Blighty!

I have been talking to Streaks as she had her meds with the same doctors as us, and she recommended using DHL International Express. Top tip, book through Interlink, as they sub-contract to DHL for their international delivereis, and they will charge you less than DHL for exactly the same service! dont ask me how it works?!

Also, if you are having the courier pick the med results up from the doctors, they will want to see inside the package for security reasons (explosives etc) so someone from the surgery will need to be present to ensure everything is shown to the courier and then SEALED, this is VERY important. Also, DHL are the only ones who will write out a label on your behalf without you being present. Useful if you live 2 hours from where your meds took place, like us!

Hope this helps?

ctg

Last edited by carlosthegerbil; Mar 4th 2007 at 1:26 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:22 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

just wanted to say that you can check to see if meds arrived ok with international signed for just have to go to www.auspost.com and email them with tracking number and destination and they get back to you within 48 hours and even give you the name of the person who signed .
good luck with your meds

tracey x