Meds requested. How long do I have?

Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:28 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meds requested. How long do I have?

Hi folks

My meds were requested a month ago. I have put off getting them done as we are not sure we want to go now and we don't have spare cash to just get them done and validate the visa for the sake of it.
We are planning on making a final decision in the new year. Does anyone know how long we have until the meds have to be submitted?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:01 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds requested. How long do I have?

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi folks

My meds were requested a month ago. I have put off getting them done as we are not sure we want to go now and we don't have spare cash to just get them done and validate the visa for the sake of it.
We are planning on making a final decision in the new year. Does anyone know how long we have until the meds have to be submitted?
I would have thought that the request itself must have the deadline on it. I read some posts about not being able to meet the deadline due to inability to get an appointment, and instead the meds themselves they submitted a booking receipt, so that the deadline is formally met and the DIAC knows you are still intending to go ahead with the process. Perhaps stretching the truth a little and booking them well in advance could buy you some time before you have to shell out to the Doctors.

Hope this helps.

NJ
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

jo_marnes will become famous soon enoughjo_marnes will become famous soon enough

I may be wrong but I'm sure somewhere I heard 6 weeks. If you don't meet the deadline it will look like you don't want to go and that's never a good impression. If you want to go you'll have to get going on this one - meds can take a while to get done
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future

I've read several things on this. Some people say 28 days, others 60 days and I'm sure I read somehwhere that it's 70 days.

Can anybody confirm what it is? Does it not say on the email they sent you?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

The email from your CO should tell you how long you have to send in the required information, some are 60 days, ours stated 28 days.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

Mel
Old Dec 10th 2008, 8:21 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice

Hi folks

Hi, you have 74 days from request by CO for any further info including meds and police checks.

Agent appointed March 2008
TRA sent 16/7/08 (Electrician Special Class)
TRA result SUCCESSFULL 8/8/08 YIPPEEE!!
MODL 175 LODGED ONLINE (BY AGENT) 27/8/08..

LET THE WAIT BEGIN!!
Old Dec 13th 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

varsanik will become famous soon enoughvarsanik will become famous soon enough

Hi,

My email from CO say's I have 70 days from the date of the request/email.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 8:38 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by varsanik
Hi,

My email from CO say's I have 70 days from the date of the request/email.
Yes - I re-checked my email and it says the same.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Lissa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks

Hi, from October 24 2008 we were given 90 days to do PCC and medicals - probably because of the Christmas period - they had to be in Australia by 02 Jan 09 (last post to Aus was 05 Dec 08). So really we only had about 49 days to get them done and to Australia!!!! Got 175 visa 18 Dec 08 granted by email - yippee!