Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Meds processed...could this be nearing the end???

Meds processed...could this be nearing the end???

Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

dipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant future
Question Meds processed...could this be nearing the end???

i'm sure this question has been asked thousands of times before, but i gotta ask again. Our STNI application was put in November and on the 10th march we sent off our meds and pc's (requested)...only to find that my eldest sons hadn't been sent with it! his were sent (10 days later) on 20th march. I sent and email (after much thought) to LCU and asked them just to confirm that they had received my sons bits coz the panel doc we used were really unorganised and not very helpful. I received email back today from LCU saying 'your sons medical results have been processed'. the thing is, does that mean they would have processed ALL our meds after my sons had arrived or could it be that ours were processed first (just over 3 weeks ago)?
Does this mean we are nearing the end???? OMG please say yes, they've not asked for any more paper work and we're all getting soooo excited, do you think we might get those visas soon? PLEASE PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY! HEHEHEHEHEHE
phew...calm....thanks
syl
Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:50 am
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all
Default Re: Meds processed...could this be nearing the end???

Originally Posted by dipdip
i'm sure this question has been asked thousands of times before, but i gotta ask again. Our STNI application was put in November and on the 10th march we sent off our meds and pc's (requested)...only to find that my eldest sons hadn't been sent with it! his were sent (10 days later) on 20th march. I sent and email (after much thought) to LCU and asked them just to confirm that they had received my sons bits coz the panel doc we used were really unorganised and not very helpful. I received email back today from LCU saying 'your sons medical results have been processed'. the thing is, does that mean they would have processed ALL our meds after my sons had arrived or could it be that ours were processed first (just over 3 weeks ago)?
Does this mean we are nearing the end???? OMG please say yes, they've not asked for any more paper work and we're all getting soooo excited, do you think we might get those visas soon? PLEASE PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY! HEHEHEHEHEHE
phew...calm....thanks
syl
quite a few seem to go to visa pretty soon after meds, hang on in there im sure it wont be long. 2 weeks seems about right, check out austimeline on STNI processing times that will give you a better indication

Paula
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

dipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant futuredipdip has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
quite a few seem to go to visa pretty soon after meds, hang on in there im sure it wont be long. 2 weeks seems about right, check out austimeline on STNI processing times that will give you a better indication

Paula
thanks Paula, i sort of know it could be 2-6 weeks, but theres so much to do, and i don't want to tempt fait, you know pack and then not get a visa. I'm itching to get cracking but i've got this little niggle telling me not to count my chickens...do you know what i mean, it's the not knowing that kills!!!
dippy
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:17 am
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all

thanks Paula, i sort of know it could be 2-6 weeks, but theres so much to do, and i don't want to tempt fait, you know pack and then not get a visa. I'm itching to get cracking but i've got this little niggle telling me not to count my chickens...do you know what i mean, it's the not knowing that kills!!!
dippy

Know EXACTLY what you mean, its awful not being able to make the plans you desperately want to crack on with but its a kind of self defence thing to stop you in case you have tempted fate, thats how i feel anyway. We have so many things we need to organise, particularly with employers, but cant say a word until we know, its driving me nuts.

ever waiting

Paula
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

dippy

Start sorting your stuff, what to take what to throw away etc. At the worst at least you'll have a nice decluttered house plus it really does help make the time go a bit quicker.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 11:19 am
Stephanie981

> > thanks Paula, i sort of know it could be 2-6 weeks, but theres so
    > > much
    > > to do, and i don't want to tempt fait, you know pack and then not
    > > get
    > > a visa. I'm itching to get cracking but i've got this little niggle
    > > telling me not to count my chickens...do you know what i mean, it's
    > > the not knowing that kills!!!
    > > dippy
    > Start sorting your stuff, what to take what to throw away etc. At the
    > worst at least you'll have a nice decluttered house plus it really
    > does
    > help make the time go a bit quicker.
    > --
    > Wendy x

We are in a similar position, we have done our medicals but they haven't
yet been officially requested (our agent reckons they'll be requesting
them mid April). We have sold our house as we want to be able to go
straight away.

I am panicking now though as we've well and truly counted our chickens -
AND SOLD THEM!!!

I really hope we get our visa

EEEeeek

Steph x

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

Any news anyone ........ our meds were finalized on 18th march so just waiting ..............