Meds / PCC / Passport

Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:17 am
Just Joined

smmuthukumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meds / PCC / Passport

Hi Mates,

I'm from a HR country - worked in Aus for about 3 years. Lodged my PR (VE 175) this year and am waiting for CO.

I have not done my meds/pcc yet and though I have submitted my marriage certificate, haven't included spouse name in passport yet.

Has been 10 months since I lodged my application. Is it the right time for me to carry onwith my Meds/PCC ? If I include my spouse name in passport,do I need to submit a change of Circumstances form or can I give just a photo copy of the passport now, as an additional document to DIAC?

Please help....

regards.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Lissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meds / PCC / Passport

Originally Posted by smmuthukumar
Hi Mates,

I'm from a HR country - worked in Aus for about 3 years. Lodged my PR (VE 175) this year and am waiting for CO.

I have not done my meds/pcc yet and though I have submitted my marriage certificate, haven't included spouse name in passport yet.

Has been 10 months since I lodged my application. Is it the right time for me to carry onwith my Meds/PCC ? If I include my spouse name in passport,do I need to submit a change of Circumstances form or can I give just a photo copy of the passport now, as an additional document to DIAC?

Please help....

regards.
I have just been granted my 175 so I hope I can be of help for you going for yours. I would wait for your Case Officer to ask you to do the medicals. If you apply for your visa, and get medicals done without being asked to, say next month, and your visa is not issued until Dec 2009, your chance to validate visa will be dated from when your medicals and police checks were done. Which may only give you a matter of weeks to get to Oz.

I applied Jan 08, got case officer Oct 08, got medicals done as requested Nov 08, they arrived in Oz early Dec 08, and Visa granted 18 Dec 08. We have until November 2009 to either validate or make the move permanent. If you do not validate by the date Australia give you it invalidates the Visa altogether. We have until Dec 2013 to move out there permanent.

I hope this gives you a little bit more info. Anything else you need to know, do not hesitate to ask - I have just finished the long haul of getting the 175!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 5:50 am
Just Joined

smmk40 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot Lissa...Those were really good information for me.

I have few queries though...

I have applied onMarch 5th, 2008 (VE 175). It has been a long wait - and when I mail [email protected] they still refer that they are processing applications for VE 175 lodged on or before october 15th, 2007.

Mine was a paper based application. I am not sure as to the approximate time at which the case officer shall pick the case up.

Meanwhile, any inclusions like spouse details addition in passport, should they be intimated immediately to DIAC or can I wait for the case officer to pick the case up and submit all relevant docs PCC/Meds/Spouse inclusion at one shot?

Please help...

regards.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Jhonnywalker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Muthu - I suggest you fill the change of circumstances form and add your spouse as a secondary applicant before you get a CO. Once you have the CO, the evaluation will be made with the details in hand and your waiting time will be reduced.

Also, I see that you mentioned that it is almost 10 months since you have filed your application - I don't think it would be any harm frontloading your PCC/Meds. Per DIAC, the average processing times for a 175 visa from HR is 15 months, so - getting your meds/pcc done in your 11th or 12th month would be a safer option.

Also - if you add your spouse into your application, she needs to take a IELTS as well. Has she taken it yet.

Cheers,
JW
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:43 am
Just Joined

Hi Jhonny,

Thanks for your inputs.

Yeah. My spouse has already taken the IELTS (and got more score than me :curse: )

I have already added her as spouse (Dependent) in my original application, but the thing that I didn't do as of now is to update my passport (with the spouse information). Not sure if passport would be cross-checked for spouse details. We have also submitted our marriage certificate for reference, just in case.

Regards.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:26 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smmk40
Hi Jhonny,

Thanks for your inputs.

Yeah. My spouse has already taken the IELTS (and got more score than me :curse: )

I have already added her as spouse (Dependent) in my original application, but the thing that I didn't do as of now is to update my passport (with the spouse information). Not sure if passport would be cross-checked for spouse details. We have also submitted our marriage certificate for reference, just in case.

Regards.
Have you submitted her passport details? And has your passport number changed since you submitted your application? If you have not submitted your wife's passport details you need to do that now. If your details (passport number, etc) have changed you need to submit a form 1022 which is a change of information form. You can find it on the DIAC website at www.immi.gov.au. Search for 1022 or change in circumstances form.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Have you submitted her passport details? And has your passport number changed since you submitted your application? If you have not submitted your wife's passport details you need to do that now. If your details (passport number, etc) have changed you need to submit a form 1022 which is a change of information form. You can find it on the DIAC website at www.immi.gov.au. Search for 1022 or change in circumstances form.
Thanks Dorothy.

Things I have done during filing my original application:
(i) Submitted the details of my spouse passport along with mine.
(ii) Submitted both IELTS scores.
(iii) Submitted the marriage certificate (proof).

Things I have not done:
(i) Include my spouse's name in the passport and send the photo copy to DIMIA.

Neither My passport number nor my spouse's, has changed since we lodged the application on March 2008.

Thanks for your reply again..
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dorothy.

Things I have done during filing my original application:
(i) Submitted the details of my spouse passport along with mine.
(ii) Submitted both IELTS scores.
(iii) Submitted the marriage certificate (proof).

Things I have not done:
(i) Include my spouse's name in the passport and send the photo copy to DIMIA.

Neither My passport number nor my spouse's, has changed since we lodged the application on March 2008.

Thanks for your reply again..
I don't understand what you're trying to say about your spouse's name in your passport. If your passport is the same as when you applied and so is your wife's then you don't need to do anything.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice

Originally Posted by smmuthukumar
Hi Mates,

Please help....

regards.
Hey, get your spouses name endorsed in your passport & vice versa if not done. It would reduce the wait time when your appl eventually starts moving.
It's a safe time to complete your medicals & PCC.
Yes, you need to submit a change in circumstances form since they would reissue a new passport even if it just for endorsing spouses name, effectively leaving you with a new passport # which would need be conveyed to DIAC.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:14 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by mb_jg
Hey, get your spouses name endorsed in your passport & vice versa if not done. It would reduce the wait time when your appl eventually starts moving.
It's a safe time to complete your medicals & PCC.
Yes, you need to submit a change in circumstances form since they would reissue a new passport even if it just for endorsing spouses name, effectively leaving you with a new passport # which would need be conveyed to DIAC.
There is no need to endorse a spouse's name in his passport. He has his own passport and his spouse has her own. They are individual people, therefore need individual passports. The OP does NOT need to do anything about his passport nor does he need to do anything about his wife's passport.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:34 am
Just Joined

There is no need to endorse a spouse's name in his passport. He has his own passport and his spouse has her own. They are individual people, therefore need individual passports. The OP does NOT need to do anything about his passport nor does he need to do anything about his wife's passport.
Thanks Dorothy and mb.

Yes Dorothy - I have my passport and my spouse has her own. We are confused, because in our application I am the primary applicant and my spouse is dependent. Though we have individual passports and a marriage certificate produced, we aren't sure if the spouse details needs to be endorsed on each others' passport.......

As you had said over hear clearly, I shall take the answer as 'Not required'.
:-)

Regards.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dorothy and mb.

Yes Dorothy - I have my passport and my spouse has her own. We are confused, because in our application I am the primary applicant and my spouse is dependent. Though we have individual passports and a marriage certificate produced, we aren't sure if the spouse details needs to be endorsed on each others' passport.......

As you had said over hear clearly, I shall take the answer as 'Not required'.
:-)

Regards.
hi Muthu, the endorsing of spouse's name in one's passport is a Indian govt requirement. this is needed especially, when you apply for ur kid's passport etc.
i don't think, DIAC would worry about it.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:10 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
hi Muthu, the endorsing of spouse's name in one's passport is a Indian govt requirement. this is needed especially, when you apply for ur kid's passport etc.
i don't think, DIAC would worry about it.
As I have said repeatedly, there is NO NEED for the OP to do anything with his passport. If he has children they will need their own passports, so nothing to do with children in his passport needs to be done, either.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:22 am
Just Joined

As I have said repeatedly, there is NO NEED for the OP to do anything with his passport. If he has children they will need their own passports, so nothing to do with children in his passport needs to be done, either.
Thank you all for your inputs. Those were really really helpful.

Cheers.