Wikiposts

Meds all done!

Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:08 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Meds all done!

Hello,

We have just got in from having the Meds & X-rays done at The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. For two parents, and three kids (3 X-rays in total) it cost us £642.00.

It was all very straight forward and the staff were excellent, especially with the kids!

We all had to pee in a pot, except for our three year old and this is tested there and then and was all fine. We were all weighed and measured (just our height that is!) and then had the chest X-rays.

Then all went in to see the Doctor (all together) and he goes through you one by one. He made the kids feel very comfortable and was a really nice bloke. All quite a good laugh really.

We all done the eye test, blood pressure taken, listened to chest & back, felt tummies.

With us two adults he held out our hands, just to see if they shaked by the look of it but we are both fine. We also both had to give blood too which was fine.

He left my tackle well alone and he never kopt a feel of the wife! I felt relieved and she felt very short changed!

He will go over everything on Wednesday with another doctor and all being well they will be sent to Sydney! If there is a problem, they will contact us!

My wife was not looking forward to them but they were very simple and nothing to worry about at all. Just thought I would post this, even if puts just a few minds at rest.

R.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds all done!

[
well done, sounds like a doddle compared to the ones in sheffield, tackle boobs an all!!!!

hope all goes well for you

debbie
Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:47 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

nice one.....)
Originally Posted by Carruss
Hello,

We have just got in from having the Meds & X-rays done at The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. For two parents, and three kids (3 X-rays in total) it cost us £642.00.

It was all very straight forward and the staff were excellent, especially with the kids!

We all had to pee in a pot, except for our three year old and this is tested there and then and was all fine. We were all weighed and measured (just our height that is!) and then had the chest X-rays.

Then all went in to see the Doctor (all together) and he goes through you one by one. He made the kids feel very comfortable and was a really nice bloke. All quite a good laugh really.

We all done the eye test, blood pressure taken, listened to chest & back, felt tummies.

With us two adults he held out our hands, just to see if they shaked by the look of it but we are both fine. We also both had to give blood too which was fine.

He left my tackle well alone and he never kopt a feel of the wife! I felt relieved and she felt very short changed!

He will go over everything on Wednesday with another doctor and all being well they will be sent to Sydney! If there is a problem, they will contact us!

My wife was not looking forward to them but they were very simple and nothing to worry about at all. Just thought I would post this, even if puts just a few minds at rest.

R.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 11:21 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

R.
hiya russ

glad they went okay for you. so, when will they be sent off? end of this week or beginning of next week?

you might have a visa by the middle of february!!!! ooohh,scary thought. you will have to pull your finger out and start organising.

take care and fingers crossed.
M
XX
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:03 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Meds all done!

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hiya russ

glad they went okay for you. so, when will they be sent off? end of this week or beginning of next week?

you might have a visa by the middle of february!!!! ooohh,scary thought. you will have to pull your finger out and start organising.

take care and fingers crossed.
M
XX
Thanks to you all.

After they have checked them on Wednesday they will be sent and we were told it takes four days to get there.

Its the Police Checks that will hold us up now as we are waiting for them and do not expect them back for a while. Should have done them sooner as we had it all requested at the end of November. But, we have just taken our time and sat back quite a bit after each stage really. Otherwise it does take over your life. We had nearly a two month break from getting the positive TRA result and sending off the 47SK application.

Looking back I reckon we would have had everything done by Christmas if we went full steam ahead........but we never, and who cares! We will get there one day.

R.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

R.

nice one mate. another step closer!!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

[well done Carruss,

I am glad that all went well for you

nearly there
lace x
Old Jan 17th 2006, 6:18 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

R.
Hey Russ,
We had ours done on Thurs 12/1 same thing almost and no touchy feely for us either, very straight forward. I was really nervous, but Doc says all ok just have to wait for bloods to come back now, if that is ok then they go off to Sydney. Gonna put house on Market as soon as we have our e-mail eek !!
We had our Meds in Nottingham £514 for 4 of us kids 10/7 so no x-rays or blood tests for them.
(beat you to the meds then!!!!!!!! Now its a race to the Visa !!!!!!! lol)
Jane x
Old Jan 17th 2006, 6:51 am
I am not the Messiah!

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hey Russ,
We had ours done on Thurs 12/1 same thing almost and no touchy feely for us either, very straight forward. I was really nervous, but Doc says all ok just have to wait for bloods to come back now, if that is ok then they go off to Sydney. Gonna put house on Market as soon as we have our e-mail eek !!
We had our Meds in Nottingham £514 for 4 of us kids 10/7 so no x-rays or blood tests for them.
(beat you to the meds then!!!!!!!! Now its a race to the Visa !!!!!!! lol)
Jane x

What a race eh!

Mind you, your Police Checks are there and we are waiting for ours to come back to us here and then we have to send them off! I reckon you will have your visa before we get our PC's back.

Another step closer and hopefully just one more cost to inccur which brings me on to the following question...

Before I look it up and as you have already done it, how much did Interparcel charge for just sending the Police Checks?

Surely its not too much, after all its only a couple of sheets of A4!

R.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:45 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

What a race eh!

Mind you, your Police Checks are there and we are waiting for ours to come back to us here and then we have to send them off! I reckon you will have your visa before we get our PC's back.

Another step closer and hopefully just one more cost to inccur which brings me on to the following question...

Before I look it up and as you have already done it, how much did Interparcel charge for just sending the Police Checks?

Surely its not too much, after all its only a couple of sheets of A4!

R.
Russ, I can't find the docket ???? Sorry but I think it was about £24, have e-mailed our c/o today and he says because we informed him of meds and police checks the deadline date is not a worry. That saved us a bit of a worry
J x
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:00 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

R.

Not long now mate !! Fingers crossed you hear soon!!

Kris xx
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:19 am
I am not the Messiah!

Russ, I can't find the docket ???? Sorry but I think it was about £24, have e-mailed our c/o today and he says because we informed him of meds and police checks the deadline date is not a worry. That saved us a bit of a worry
J x
Thanks Jane & Kris,

We too were/are concerned about the date they gave us as its the 7th of February but I will email our CO the reciepts etc as proof we have applied for the Police checks and had the medicals done. So, like you say, it should save us a bit of worry too!

R.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:58 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Thanks Jane & Kris,

We too were/are concerned about the date they gave us as its the 7th of February but I will email our CO the reciepts etc as proof we have applied for the Police checks and had the medicals done. So, like you say, it should save us a bit of worry too!

R.
Yes ours is 2nd Feb but since we e-mailed him he says its not an issue,
Glad we did !!!!!!!!!
J x
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

J x
We had ours done the same day in Edwards Lane. If you were there around 3.30 pm we were in the waiting room.
My husband left his passport with Dr Collins, you weren't the couple paying at the counter before us when the Doc returned it were you?

Good luck with getting your visa soon.

Alison
Old Jan 18th 2006, 6:42 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by Alison1967
We had ours done the same day in Edwards Lane. If you were there around 3.30 pm we were in the waiting room.
My husband left his passport with Dr Collins, you weren't the couple paying at the counter before us when the Doc returned it were you?

Good luck with getting your visa soon.

Alison
It could well have been, Russ is really tall, i have long brown hair, we were with 2 kids a boy and girl, handing over wads of £20 notes, where were you then ?? we saw Dr Henry and we were talking to another couple in the waiting room !!!

Last edited by Jane and Russ Middleton; Jan 18th 2006 at 6:55 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.