medicals , worried

Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice
Default medicals , worried

hi people , today we have got our medicals [ £920 bargain ] what i am worried about is everything , i gave up smoking 13 years ago but still like a regular drink , i wouldnt say that i go out at weekend to get smashed , just a few drinks with mates , but also drink a couple of nights through the week [ not heavy ] , what i want to know is if anything is picked up regarding blood tests [ fatty liver ] would / could that fail me .
i had some blood tests done a few months ago for something else and they came back fine , so i should be ok , but all the same its worrying me , my god i am reading this back to myself it looks like i am a bl--dy alco . any advice would be appreciated .
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Re: medicals , worried

dont worry you'll be fine... i enjoy a glass or two of wine most nights, and it makes no difference at all. stop worrying, or you'll put your blood pressure up. ( oops i shouldn't have said that )
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 571090
hi people , today we have got our medicals [ £920 bargain ] what i am worried about is everything , i gave up smoking 13 years ago but still like a regular drink , i wouldnt say that i go out at weekend to get smashed , just a few drinks with mates , but also drink a couple of nights through the week [ not heavy ] , what i want to know is if anything is picked up regarding blood tests [ fatty liver ] would / could that fail me .
i had some blood tests done a few months ago for something else and they came back fine , so i should be ok , but all the same its worrying me , my god i am reading this back to myself it looks like i am a bl--dy alco . any advice would be appreciated .
my advice is take a deep breath count to ten and calm down you will be fine, once youve had your meds done go home and have a large drink to celebrate
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Oh god i know how you feel, we had our medicals last month and i was really worried to, we had medicals for a 457 visa so we didnt have blood tests. But we thought we were going to have them, and like you we drink during the week in the evenings when we sit down, and thats what we were concerned about god i drank so much water that week. Dont worrie about it you will be fine, the medicals werent half as bad as i first imagined. You will be fine
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice

thanks people , i will let you all know how it went . i still think £1000 is a lot of money to have your b---s felt , cheers .
karl.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

are you wishfull thinking...

my husband didn't have his b---s felt !!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

I know exactly what you're goin thru.I think its only natural,with all the waiting to worry.Apart from daily checks on application status its the only thing left to do.We've had our meds & havin a good old worry even though we're know they should be fine.
As to the thouroughness of the meds hairart -even our 4 yr old got his assets counted.Our doc was one of the old school,no explanations-straight from the stethescope on the chest to weekin his trackies down-2 pokes and a verbal "1,2 all there"Ah the look on the wee uns face was priceless!
Good luck to all of you waiting,waiting waitinglisa&davy
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hiye,

You will be perfectly fine. I also enjoy a glass or 2 of wine at night. A great way of cleansing your liver is to get a "coffee colon cleansing". I had one done before my medical. It flushes out all the toxins in the liver. Good luck
Helena
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

well heres how it went , we arrived at 11.30 i did my urine , then we went into the surgery , we had a basic eye test , [ looking at letters from a distance ] , then stripped down to my boxers , on the scales , and height , then laid down on the bed ,he checked in my ears and eyes ,then blood pressure , then i had my legs manuvered and also arms , [ checking joints ] then he had a prod around my stomach and chest , and lastly took my blood , [ i didnt feel a thing ] , and basicly that was it.
he was fantastic with the kids , he even gave them a lolly for good behaviour , it wasnt a bad experience at all i would recommend the Preston practice to anybody , he was a nice guy . after handing over £570 for 6 of us , we went to Fulwood hospital for the xrays , for 4 of us it cost £292 . that took about 3o mins .
still a lot of money for what it was , but all in all its for a good cause . ps bit disapointed i didnt get my kn---ers checked he he .
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:41 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

well heres how it went , we arrived at 11.30 i did my urine , then we went into the surgery , we had a basic eye test , [ looking at letters from a distance ] , then stripped down to my boxers , on the scales , and height , then laid down on the bed ,he checked in my ears and eyes ,then blood pressure , then i had my legs manuvered and also arms , [ checking joints ] then he had a prod around my stomach and chest , and lastly took my blood , [ i didnt feel a thing ] , and basicly that was it.
he was fantastic with the kids , he even gave them a lolly for good behaviour , it wasnt a bad experience at all i would recommend the Preston practice to anybody , he was a nice guy . after handing over £570 for 6 of us , we went to Fulwood hospital for the xrays , for 4 of us it cost £292 . that took about 3o mins .
still a lot of money for what it was , but all in all its for a good cause . ps bit disapointed i didnt get my kn---ers checked he he .
I went to Preston aswell. And I got a lolly for being good!