Medicals - what's involved?

Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:36 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals - what's involved?

Can anyone tell me exactly what happens at the medical, other than blood tests & chest x-rays?

Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:43 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals - what's involved?

Originally posted by bridiej
Can anyone tell me exactly what happens at the medical, other than blood tests & chest x-rays?

Thanks
Hi

Check the thread below this one

Walla
Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:45 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Thanks
Varies, but basically mine went like this;

Went to reception
Urine sample
Went over medical form
Measured weight & height
Took BP
Listened to heart/breathing
Checked responses/reflexes
Took blood
Had X-ray

Left within an hour

You'll only hear back (usually within 7 days) if there is any sort of problem with the Xray/bloods.

Very easy, and very basic.
Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

hi bridiej,

just had my medicals done last week (in holland, for a prospective marriage visa) dont know if different visas call for different examinations, but i dont think so.

apart from x-rays and bloodtest, the rest of the medical was pretty straightforward.
doctor checked my weight and length, had a quick look in my eyes, mouth, ears, nose.
then he listened to my lungs (take a deep breath and hold, that kind of thing) and tapped on (i presume) my liver, stomach etc.

he asked me if i'd ever had any operations (i mentioned my tonsils being taken out when i was 2, and he even wrote that down), if í take any medication, if i had any illnesses or if there were any illnesses in my family, and i think that was it.

pretty straightforward, dont think there's a reason to be worried about meds if your health isnt causing u any big problems (mind you, there was a guy in just before me, he must have weighed at least 160 kg.'s, had 1 tooth left in his mouth and moaned and groaned with every step and doctor told me (off the record of course) that he didnt have a hope in hell.....)

good luck, tanja
Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

oh yeah, forgot the urine-testing - they test for sugar and blood, i believe

tanja
Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:49 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Thanks

Do you have the forms yet? These'll help you out too, you get them from here if you dont have them

medical and radiological forms

Medical Form 26 and Radiological Form 160 are not currently available in electronic format. To obtain these forms you should send an e-mail to the firstenquiries address below.

E-mail: [email protected]

The following information should be provided:

name
postal address
the visa type you are applying for
the number of applicants included in the application
the age of each applicant included in the application.
Old Jul 25th 2004, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Yup, I can concur with all of that. Had mine done in London a couple of days ago (X-ray and Meds are within 3 minutes walk of each other).

There were a lot of questions about medical history but nothing unexpected or "tricky". I was asked to confirm the answers that I gave on the form essentially.

Hearing, eyesight and mouth condition are checked as well as a more, er, intimate external examination ... nothing that blokes shouldn't do anyway as a matter of course!

Slightly high blood pressure was my only flagged problem and the Doc put that down to getting to London (broken rail, delayed train, half-length train ... the usual efficient service) and that fact I've just found-out my fiance is pregnant!

Well, at least I've got evidence of meeting and an intention to maintain a long-term relationship!

Good luck, the worst bit is the blood-test if you're not keen on needles.

Matt
Old Jul 25th 2004, 9:17 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Deadmeat

Good luck, the worst bit is the blood-test if you're not keen on needles.
Not bad with needles but very bad with blood tests!!!!

Thanks for all your replies, it has put my mind at rest somewhat as had all sorts of thoughts going through my head!