Medicals - timeframe?

Old Jun 19th 2004, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default Medicals - timeframe?

When your meds and police checks are requested, do you have to send them back within a certain time frame, or is it just as soon as u can?
cheers for any help
Old Jun 19th 2004, 11:27 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals - timeframe?

Originally posted by threlly
When your meds and police checks are requested, do you have to send them back within a certain time frame, or is it just as soon as u can?
cheers for any help
Hi

It tells you on the letter you receive requesting meds and police checks

It's roughly around 6 weeks. They send the letter saying whatever then they say it is assumed you will receive this letter 21 days after posting from Adelaide, then it gives you about 4 weeks to get everything back. Because the letter always arrives within about a week (did in our case anyway) after posting you have 2 weeks grace there then the 4 weeks they give you to get things done, it's about 6 alltogether.

Then they go onto say if we do not receive the info by the date set they assume you no longer want to procede with your app

Oh, I hope you understand this

Walla
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney

Originally posted by walla1
Hi

It tells you on the letter you receive requesting meds and police checks

It's roughly around 6 weeks. They send the letter saying whatever then they say it is assumed you will receive this letter 21 days after posting from Adelaide, then it gives you about 4 weeks to get everything back. Because the letter always arrives within about a week (did in our case anyway) after posting you have 2 weeks grace there then the 4 weeks they give you to get things done, it's about 6 alltogether.

Then they go onto say if we do not receive the info by the date set they assume you no longer want to procede with your app

Oh, I hope you understand this

Walla

thanks for that, this surprises me, i thought u would get longer. i just hope i can get a doctors appointment and get my police checks back. i also have to apply for a Oz police check and i know these are taking a while to come back
cheers for your help again
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:45 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that, this surprises me, i thought u would get longer. i just hope i can get a doctors appointment and get my police checks back. i also have to apply for a Oz police check and i know these are taking a while to come back
Hi

You will get a doctors appt no bother, they are more than eager to help you part with your hard earned cash!!

The police checks are a diferrent matter. We took a guestimation as to when we would expect to get "the big yellow" about police and med checks. So we had our police checks done well in advance of request, I've heard some horror stories on here about some of them taking up to 12 weeks ( I could be wrong and the delays may be about Oz police checks). We got ours back after 10 days (Northumbria Police).

I'm sure if you need an Oz police check and they are not returned on time your case officer will understand as long as you keep them informed

Good luck

Walla
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:48 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Whereabouts are you threlly?
Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mlbonner
Whereabouts are you threlly?

we live in manchester
Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:39 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

we live in manchester

Cool, so there's two places in Manchester you can go I think, and if worse came to worse you've got Derby, Liverpool etc within an hour. I went to Dr Million in the city centre, think I had to wait about 10 days for an appointment, then I got my Xray and medical done within an hour at the same place, which was useful.

Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mlbonner
Cool, so there's two places in Manchester you can go I think, and if worse came to worse you've got Derby, Liverpool etc within an hour. I went to Dr Million in the city centre, think I had to wait about 10 days for an appointment, then I got my Xray and medical done within an hour at the same place, which was useful.

cheers for that