Medicals referred to Docs in Oz!??

Old Aug 11th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice
Default Medicals referred to Docs in Oz!??

I have had a letter from my case officer to say my medicals have been referred to their Docs in Oz.
I am applying for a Spouse visa so it's done in London at Australia House.
Has anyone else had their medicals referred like this??
I am very worried now!!

It might be because I only have one kidney (born with 2, had one removed because of total failure due to stones). No ongoing problems though, no medication etc required.
Also, I had to admit to having had some therapy when I was a youngster, for depression.
Can anyone give me any advice/reassurance?? Going out of me mind with worry here!!
Thanks!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals referred to Docs in Oz!??

Originally Posted by the pursers
I have had a letter from my case officer to say my medicals have been referred to their Docs in Oz.
I am very worried now!!

It might be because I only have one kidney (born with 2, had one removed because of total failure due to stones). No ongoing problems though, no medication etc required.
Also, I had to admit to having had some therapy when I was a youngster, for depression.
Can anyone give me any advice/reassurance?? Going out of me mind with worry here!!
Thanks!
I can't answer your questions but can imagine you are feeling very stressed. We are having ours meds processed at the moment and had issues at the exam, we had to get a consultant report to go with the meds. Did you provide a doctors letter to say you had no on going medical issues? Maybe they'll ask you to get a report?

I'm sorry this doesn't really help you but i do understand how stressful this time is for you. The people on this site are very helpful and I'm sure someone can give you more reassurance.

Good luck

kate
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Thanks for your support Wooders.
Has anyone had their meds referred to the Docs in Oz like this?
I'm really worried and was not given a reason why they had been referred.
Feeling glum and really very concerned that I will be rejected for visa. I don't know what we would do. My hubby really wants to go home and I want to be able to go with him!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your support Wooders.
Has anyone had their meds referred to the Docs in Oz like this?
I'm really worried and was not given a reason why they had been referred.
Feeling glum and really very concerned that I will be rejected for visa. I don't know what we would do. My hubby really wants to go home and I want to be able to go with him!
There is a health waiver on spouse visas so don't worry about it I think they refer anything that is not normal to Sydney so the chances are it is nothing to worry about. Good luck!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Have pm'd you
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:07 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

I am very worried now!!

Thanks!
Hi Try not to worry-as already said I think they go lighter on spouse visas. A friend who has kidney problems spoke to an agent and it seems that dialysis may be a bit of a scarce resource in Aus so the Aussie end probably just want to ensure you're ok. Im sure that as your kidney is healthy & no meds you'll be fine
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

My son passed a 457 visa with only one kidney. He had his removed at
9months old due to it being non functioning and rotten.

He is healthy teenager now.

GEMS
Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the pull back down to earth you've all given me about it!
I was thinking today - my case officer is not medically trained (I assume!) and therefore not in a position to say whether a person with one kidney is likely to be a medical liability or not, so I am trying to feel better about it by thinking that is probably why it has been referred.
Thankfully, I have one 'super-kidney' which is about half as big again as a regular one, and touch wood all has been well for many years.
I will try to stop stressing out over it!!
Just got to wait another 3 weeks or so for a response from the Docs in Oz...it will feel like an eternity!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

mandmock is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Medicals referred to Docs in Oz!??

me and my oz born wife have just (1.8.07) sent off all the forms etc,and on the acknowledgement letter from london ,our case officer stated that my meds had been sent to oz.i didnt think anything of it untill i read your post but from the replies youve got i would say theres nothing to worry about..i have very mild asthma and a touch of tinitis so hopefully i have a few more years left in me!!!
im glad to hear your super kidney is bigger than average but as my wife keeps telling me "size isnt everything"
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:43 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandmock
me and my oz born wife have just (1.8.07) sent off all the forms etc,and on the acknowledgement letter from london ,our case officer stated that my meds had been sent to oz.i didnt think anything of it untill i read your post but from the replies youve got i would say theres nothing to worry about..i have very mild asthma and a touch of tinitis so hopefully i have a few more years left in me!!!
im glad to hear your super kidney is bigger than average but as my wife keeps telling me "size isnt everything"
Can't believe they're doing that for conditions as mild as these? That means my OH's meds will probably also be sent to Oz as he has hereditary high blood pressure tho' it's completely under control with pills & mild asthma like you (just hayfever season). Fingers crossed we're all ok!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:05 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Although the spouse visa application is dealt with by Australia House in London, the medicals are always sent to Oz. That's just part of the normal process. So, stop worrying!

Gina
Old Aug 19th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Although the spouse visa application is dealt with by Australia House in London, the medicals are always sent to Oz. That's just part of the normal process. So, stop worrying!

Gina
Thanks Gina, I didn't realise that they were all sent there as a matter of course! Doh!
That's a great weight off the already clouded mind
I'll go back to worrying about having just been made redundant, and our house being sold by our landlord
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:01 pm
South Yarra Sheila

Thanks Gina, I didn't realise that they were all sent there as a matter of course! Doh!
That's a great weight off the already clouded mind
I'll go back to worrying about having just been made redundant, and our house being sold by our landlord
I don't see how this can be the case -I have read of some spousies sending in their apps and having their visa granted only 2 days to 1 week later-obviously their meds didn't get sent to Oz-there wouldn't have been time.

Also, spouse meds are the only ones that the Docs post to london instead of Oz in the first place-why would this be the case if they were untimately going to get sent to Oz-that would just be pointless no?
Unless of course it's something that's just been brought in..
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bah! Maybe it is coz of the kidney thing then...it seems so normal to me, it isn't a problem at all, but I can see why they might need to check it out before they could give me the visa. It shouldn't be a problem, it is holding everything up though!
We'll just have to wait and see eh! Keeping me fingers crossed. The waiting bit is driving me maaaaadddd.....
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:52 am
South Yarra Sheila

Bah! Maybe it is coz of the kidney thing then...it seems so normal to me, it isn't a problem at all, but I can see why they might need to check it out before they could give me the visa. It shouldn't be a problem, it is holding everything up though!
We'll just have to wait and see eh! Keeping me fingers crossed. The waiting bit is driving me maaaaadddd.....
Me too!! We exchanged on our house last week and complete in 10 days and our furniture is being shipped there & then but no visa yet haha. I'm sure we'll all be fine but you're right-the wait is the worst bit (Not looking forward to that letter I am now expecting tho' saying meds to Aus due to OH's BP & asthma ) I hope you hear soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.