Medicals Referred Back - Help!

Old Jul 14th 2006, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light
Default Medicals Referred Back - Help!

My family undertook our frontloaded medicals back in Feb and we received an update from the LCU at the end of Feb informing us that they had been 'processed'

A few months ago we were assigned a CO who requested PCC's and Form 1022

2 months down the line we were beginning to worry why we had not been granted our visas or at least received a request for further information

It appears that our (my) medicals were referred back to the LCU back in February by our CO but neither our agent or ourselves were aware of this and or any requirement to undertake further tests etc

It appears that the 'referring back' communication has got lost somewhere

My dilemma is who to chase to find out a/what is going on and b/what I need to do to get the medicals finalised

Our CO has said that she will progress our application further once she has access to our medical results

Please help

Many Thanks

BD
Old Jul 14th 2006, 7:56 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Referred Back - Help!

Realistically I suggest all you can do is await a communication from your case officer (or more probably your agent).

Maybe ask your agent to diarise a follow up with your case officer for the second half of next week.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
My family undertook our frontloaded medicals back in Feb and we received an update from the LCU at the end of Feb informing us that they had been 'processed'

A few months ago we were assigned a CO who requested PCC's and Form 1022

2 months down the line we were beginning to worry why we had not been granted our visas or at least received a request for further information

It appears that our (my) medicals were referred back to the LCU back in February by our CO but neither our agent or ourselves were aware of this and or any requirement to undertake further tests etc

It appears that the 'referring back' communication has got lost somewhere

My dilemma is who to chase to find out a/what is going on and b/what I need to do to get the medicals finalised

Our CO has said that she will progress our application further once she has access to our medical results

Please help

Many Thanks

BD
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Realistically I suggest all you can do is await a communication from your case officer (or more probably your agent).

Maybe ask your agent to diarise a follow up with your case officer for the second half of next week.

Best regards.
Thanks for the reply Alan

According to our agent they know nothing about the medicals being referred back to LCU by the CO as they never received anything. Agent is suggesting that the letter/email from the CO to LCU requesting further tests got lost somewhere

Agent also suggests contacting our panel doctor who did our medicals originally, to see what is/was required, but I can't see how the doctor would be involved without the LCU issuing a further request

Our visa decicion was always likely to come down to the medical side and this is just adding to our worries
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:21 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that without a letter being issued by the LCU (or more probably an email these days) it is improbable your panel doctor would be any the wiser.

In my view your agent should be following up with the DIMA case officer next week, as I suggested in my last post.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Thanks for the reply Alan

According to our agent they know nothing about the medicals being referred back to LCU by the CO as they never received anything. Agent is suggesting that the letter/email from the CO to LCU requesting further tests got lost somewhere

Agent also suggests contacting our panel doctor who did our medicals originally, to see what is/was required, but I can't see how the doctor would be involved without the LCU issuing a further request

Our visa decicion was always likely to come down to the medical side and this is just adding to our worries
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that without a letter being issued by the LCU (or more probably an email these days) it is improbable your panel doctor would be any the wiser.

In my view your agent should be following up with the DIMA case officer next week, as I suggested in my last post.

Best regards.

Is it standard procedure for the CO to request further tests, or should LCU have requested them straight after processing?

Regards,

TC

Last edited by touchingcloth; Jul 14th 2006 at 8:48 am.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:22 am
Migration Agent

In my experience these days requests for follow up medical tests come straight from the LCU via email.

In times gone by (not so long ago) we used to receive a hard copy letter in a sealed envelope from the DIMA case officer which had to be sent by post and passed to the original doctor unopened.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Is it standard procedure for the CO to request further tests, or should LCU have requested them straight after processing?

Regards,

TC
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Medicals Referred Back - Help!

In my experience these days requests for follow up medical tests come straight from the LCU via email.

Best regards.

and this happens only after a CO asked LCU to request further info?

(for some reason I thought LCU reqested further info of their own back..i.e straight after meds received....even if one doesn't have a CO due to frontloading)

ps...we're using GM and think your services are great...keep up the good work.

TC
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:49 am
Migration Agent

A CO referring matters back to the LCU strikes me as rather unusual, because CO's generally defer to the LCU in relation to medical matters.

In other words my understanding is that the LCU issues follow up requests directly to the client/agent without getting the CO involved.

This said, there can be situations where (say) a medical examination was carried out for a previous visa application (say a student visa) and where the case officer for the current application (say a skilled application) asks the LCU to review the adequacy of the original medical in the context of the requirements of the current application. Hope that makes sense.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
and this happens only after a CO asked LCU to request further info?

(for some reason I thought LCU reqested further info of their own back..i.e straight after meds received....even if one doesn't have a CO due to frontloading)

ps...we're using GM and think your services are great...keep up the good work.

TC
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:49 am
Migration Agent

PS. Thanks for your kind words!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

PS. Thanks for your kind words!

You're quite welcome!