Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Medicals Query Australia Immigration Please help

Medicals Query Australia Immigration Please help

Old Sep 19th 2003, 3:44 am
Just Joined

steven_ler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals Query Australia Immigration Please help

Hi All,
Please help me with sugession.My name is Steven . I got married in March 2003 and i came to know it’s a wrong choice as every thing went wrong. we broke up after marriage due to changes in our opinions. She is not staying with me for more than 6 months .
Now i have my medicals in my hand asking my wife to undergo medicals along with me which is no way possible. I don’t know if the case officer will agree for only me gone through medical
examination. I need your generous help on this issue as i cannot get my medicals done for my wife. Please advise me how to justify this with the case officer. I will be very thankful for your suggestion.
MILLION thanks for Help....
Steven
Old Sep 19th 2003, 5:29 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Query Australia Immigration Please help

Originally posted by steven_ler
Hi All,
Please help me with sugession.My name is Steven . I got married in March 2003 and i came to know it’s a wrong choice as every thing went wrong. we broke up after marriage due to changes in our opinions. She is not staying with me for more than 6 months .
Now i have my medicals in my hand asking my wife to undergo medicals along with me which is no way possible. I don’t know if the case officer will agree for only me gone through medical
examination. I need your generous help on this issue as i cannot get my medicals done for my wife. Please advise me how to justify this with the case officer. I will be very thankful for your suggestion.
MILLION thanks for Help....
Steven
When you say "broke up", what do you mean, exactly?

You should seriously consider engaging a registered migration agent with experience in dealing with these cases to assist you. A free newsgroup/forum is not a place that you can expect to get specific advice.

Peter
Old Sep 19th 2003, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Dear Sir,
We dont stay together and there is no contact between us more than 6 months . I dont know how to proceed since i did not applied through agent i dont have once who can help me out with this problem .
I will try to find the agent . many thanks for your advise.
Steven
Old Sep 19th 2003, 5:46 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Sir,
We dont stay together and there is no contact between us more than 6 months . I dont know how to proceed since i did not applied through agent i dont have once who can help me out with this problem .
I will try to find the agent . many thanks for your advise.
Steven
Steven,

It's quite complicated if you two are legally married but yet do not function like a couple. It's best you sort out your marriage in the eyes of the law, as it's not something you should leave dangling.

Hope it works out for you.

Peter

This is not meant to be legal advice in any jurisdiction.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Dear Peter,
I tried my best to make things possible and i am searching now for an alternative how to proceed as i have been waiting since one and half year and spending 3500 SGD and dont want to just let go of it. I am trying to contact migration agent not sure how far things will work i really appreciate your suggestion thanks a lot
Steven
Old Sep 19th 2003, 5:53 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

I tried my best to make things possible and i am searching now for an alternative how to proceed as i have been waiting since one and half year and spending 3500 SGD and dont want to just let go of it. I am trying to contact migration agent not sure how far things will work i really appreciate your suggestion thanks a lot
Steven,

SGD3500 is quite a bit, if that didn't include an agent's fees and the cost of medicals/police checks and their associated courier charges.

Peter
Old Sep 19th 2003, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ptlabs
Steven,

SGD3500 is quite a bit, if that didn't include an agent's fees and the cost of medicals/police checks and their associated courier charges.

Peter

Hi Peter,
I did not go through agent so i saved some money it does not include courier and attestation and medical charges. Now the agents here are charging 200 SGD per session i just called one and donno how to proceed and let you know i am not legally divorced so i dont know if things will go bad all the once will go waste.
Steven
Old Sep 19th 2003, 6:06 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

I did not go through agent so i saved some money it does not include courier and attestation and medical charges. Now the agents here are charging 200 SGD per session i just called one and donno how to proceed and let you know i am not legally divorced so i dont know if things will go bad all the once will go waste.
Steven,

I'll say this again: make sure your agent is a registered migration agent. You can check out an agent's registration information at:
http://www.themara.com.au/

If you're married in Singapore, you should note that getting a divorce within the first 3 years of marriage isn't such a simple task.

Peter
Old Sep 19th 2003, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ptlabs
Steven,

I'll say this again: make sure your agent is a registered migration agent. You can check out an agent's registration information at:
http://www.themara.com.au/

If you're married in Singapore, you should note that getting a divorce within the first 3 years of marriage isn't such a simple task.

Peter
Peter,
Thanks for that i checked with one of the registered agent only .

yes its very much problem to get divorce when the marriage is less than 2 years . Not sure how i should ask the agent for this i will end up paying more and more if things will get bad .

Any idea on contacting the case officer on this issue ( i am thinking of this as last choice) and explaining the situation because i finished my medicals will they be able to concider if all other thing are okay.
Steven