Medicals - is proof of ID required?

Old Oct 6th 2004, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

madankumars is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals - is proof of ID required?

hello all

i have recently lodged my 136 application (on 20th sept) and am waiting for the acknowledgement, along with the medicals/pcc request.

I'd like to know if I have to show proof of ID (passport) to the doctor during my medical examination.

Assuming that I receive the request in another week or so, how many days will I be given to undergo the medicals?

The problem I am facing is that I am in the UK on a work permit (called HSMP), and my UK visa is due for renewal now. I will have to submit my passport to the UK Home Office which will be returned only after two months... and I don't have any other proof of ID except my passport.

any ideas on how the timing can be worked out??
Old Oct 6th 2004, 2:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals - is proof of ID required?

Having had a different type of visa, can't help on the timeline. However, I did have tp produce my passport at the medical, so they could verify my identity, and I think the passport number had to be recorded on the form (though I'm not 100% sure on that one).
Old Oct 6th 2004, 2:36 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Having had a different type of visa, can't help on the timeline. However, I did have tp produce my passport at the medical, so they could verify my identity, and I think the passport number had to be recorded on the form (though I'm not 100% sure on that one).
Yep, that's right Pol.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Yep, that's right Pol.
How about you go to the doctor where you will be doing your medical and getting them to do it that way? Or you could get certified copies of passport, though don't know if that is acceptable.

I had 49 days from when the meds were requested to send everything back.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 3:27 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

I was in a similar situation. I spoke to the medical centre where I booked my medicals (Handsworth Woods, in Birmingham) & they said that they would be okay with just a copy of my passport (although AFAIK, DIMIA require the doctors to actually see the original passport). Turned out ok in the end though, as my UK visa didn't take as long as I anticipated and I had my passport back in time.

Is there any possibility of doing your medicals before you renew your visa? You can get the forms from the AHC in London (there's an e-mail address on their webpage). It would probably be the easiest solution...
Old Oct 8th 2004, 11:57 pm

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by madankumars
hello all

i have recently lodged my 136 application (on 20th sept) and am waiting for the acknowledgement, along with the medicals/pcc request.

I'd like to know if I have to show proof of ID (passport) to the doctor during my medical examination.

Assuming that I receive the request in another week or so, how many days will I be given to undergo the medicals?

The problem I am facing is that I am in the UK on a work permit (called HSMP), and my UK visa is due for renewal now. I will have to submit my passport to the UK Home Office which will be returned only after two months... and I don't have any other proof of ID except my passport.

any ideas on how the timing can be worked out??
Madan,

You can carry your expartriate identification card if any issued by the UK Immigration along with your Passport copies to the doctor. In this case doctor will write in the medical form clearly that you have undergone the medicals without the original passport.

Hopefully this won't create any problem with DIMIA. One of my friend completed his medicals without his passport and recieved the grant letter without any trouble.

Last edited by Prince1975; Oct 9th 2004 at 5:26 am.
Old Oct 9th 2004, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

We have just had our x-rays done without passports as they are with our agent in OZ, our medicals will be the same. Although we have the passport numbers. As long as you can take some other ID with you, you should be ok. Check first though, you could take the photocopy with you as well to back it all up.

Cheers Jo