Medicals - Which processing centre

Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:10 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Medicals - Which processing centre

Hi
Have front loaded my medicals for a Skilled Independent Visa as a Quantity Surveyor, the doctor asked if I had been told which processing centre to send to, Adelaide or Sydney. I e-mailed DIMIA last Friday (now 8 days ago) and they haven't replied to my e-mail yet. So does anyone know where it should go? Adelaide or Sydney.
Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

lian and jon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals - Which processing centre

Hi there,

We are sending ours early too and am pretty sure it is Sydney. We have two queries out on other threads asking for address and full SP for this. We intend to send meds and PCs before CO as 2 below. Will keep you posted if we get answers.

Have you actually sent your visa app yet? We did in August and had Ack in September with file reference (very important).

There seem to be three approaches available:

1. Send meds with application. With no file reference there is an increased risk they get lost. Also be aware that clock is ticking and if it takes 9 months for visa you will only have 3 months to validate visa! (even worse if you are B class with only 6 months validity).

2. Wait for visa ack and file number. Then send meds off unrequested some time after (we are aiming for about 1 month before CO allocated (by following timelines). This will reduce risk of meds going adrift and keep (almost) maximum validity.

3. Wait for CO allocation and meds request. This is the safest but may delay visa grant by about 2 months (time to organise, have and send meds). Benefit is getting full details of what/where from CO.

ASPC is slow to respond, we took ages for an e-mail to be responded to but did talk to a very helpfull young lady when we rang ASPC at 1 am here.

Good luck and keep posting.

Jon

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
Hi
Have front loaded my medicals for a Skilled Independent Visa as a Quantity Surveyor, the doctor asked if I had been told which processing centre to send to, Adelaide or Sydney. I e-mailed DIMIA last Friday (now 8 days ago) and they haven't replied to my e-mail yet. So does anyone know where it should go? Adelaide or Sydney.
Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Just had a reply via pomsinperth. The address for medicals (to be sent by Dr via courier) is:

Local Clearance Unit
Department Of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs
Level 6,26 lee Street
Sydney CBD NSW 2000 Australia.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Originally Posted by lian and jon
Hi there,

We are sending ours early too and am pretty sure it is Sydney. We have two queries out on other threads asking for address and full SP for this. We intend to send meds and PCs before CO as 2 below. Will keep you posted if we get answers.

Have you actually sent your visa app yet? We did in August and had Ack in September with file reference (very important).

There seem to be three approaches available:

1. Send meds with application. With no file reference there is an increased risk they get lost. Also be aware that clock is ticking and if it takes 9 months for visa you will only have 3 months to validate visa! (even worse if you are B class with only 6 months validity).

2. Wait for visa ack and file number. Then send meds off unrequested some time after (we are aiming for about 1 month before CO allocated (by following timelines). This will reduce risk of meds going adrift and keep (almost) maximum validity.

3. Wait for CO allocation and meds request. This is the safest but may delay visa grant by about 2 months (time to organise, have and send meds). Benefit is getting full details of what/where from CO.

ASPC is slow to respond, we took ages for an e-mail to be responded to but did talk to a very helpfull young lady when we rang ASPC at 1 am here.

Good luck and keep posting.

Jon
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Hi,

I'm fairly sure that for skilled visa's the meds go to LCU in Sydney. Can't remember the address off hand but it you put in a search on here you will find it.

Good luck.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:54 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks lian and john, that helps me too!

manda
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amanda76
thanks lian and john, that helps me too!

manda
That's what I love about these forums.

Good luck,

Jon
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:10 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Oh no, the Dr has said that he thought it was adelaide and will send them there, looks like a phone call to DIMIA at 1am!!!
Thanks
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:38 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lian and jon
Hi,

Just had a reply via pomsinperth. The address for medicals (to be sent by Dr via courier) is:

Local Clearance Unit
Department Of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs
Level 6,26 lee Street
Sydney CBD NSW 2000 Australia.

Hope this helps.

Jon
hi all

was looking at the dimia website for the email address to confirm medicals have reached their destination, and i found another slightly different address than the one quoted????

this one says level 3???

i will put the link so you can see?

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/loca...rance_unit.htm

im sure either way they would work out where it was going, but just incase it went AWOL!!

perhaps it used to be level 6 - who knows!
manda
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amanda76
hi all

was looking at the dimia website for the email address to confirm medicals have reached their destination, and i found another slightly different address than the one quoted????

this one says level 3???

i will put the link so you can see?

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/loca...rance_unit.htm

im sure either way they would work out where it was going, but just incase it went AWOL!!

perhaps it used to be level 6 - who knows!
manda
Amanda,

Cool link and many thanks for that. I will print out and give the page to our panel doctor.

Jon
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:37 pm
now just Shaun...

Hi
Spoke to Adelaide DIMIA & they said to send them to Adelaide with my reference nr, then they will forward on if required.