Medicals and Police checks?????

Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough
Question Medicals and Police checks?????

Hi All,
Just reading about people doing meds and police checks before applying for the visa.

I am waiting to hear back from my job application and will then start the process for a 457 visa. I know lots of people on here seem not to think this is the way to go but i think it is good for us, so not worried.

I have been accepted on to the nurse registration board, applied for my job and am waiting to hear from them.

So, is it an advantage to get our medicals and police checks done now?? How do i know exactly what i need to get done? Does doing this make the time to having the visa granted any faster?

I am a nurse and will be working in a hospital and hubby will be working but not in the health service.

Any Advice/ideas/help??!!

Claire
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medicals and Police checks?????

Anyone???!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice

Originally Posted by claire-n-tel
Anyone???!
Most of the people do their medical and Police check when the Case office is assigned because your first entry date depands in the expiry date of PCC and medical.

I think having the PCC and medical in advance does not play a significant role in early grant of visa ...
.... If you have not submitted then CO will ask you to do and forward and after receiving positive he will assign the visa ..
If sumbitted earlier then CO will not request you and may grant visa
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks ZeeAsh!

I am just sooooo impatient, checking emails 10 times a day etc! So anyway to get moving faster the better!! I guess i'll just wait it out!

Have looked at the online application and i can't even start filling that in as the first page requires the TRN before you can proceed to the next page...Hmmmm!

Do you know if i fill in an online application, how long will it be before i get any info or allocated a case officer?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice

Thanks ZeeAsh!

I am just sooooo impatient, checking emails 10 times a day etc! So anyway to get moving faster the better!! I guess i'll just wait it out!

Have looked at the online application and i can't even start filling that in as the first page requires the TRN before you can proceed to the next page...Hmmmm!

Do you know if i fill in an online application, how long will it be before i get any info or allocated a case officer?
I guess you have used a wrong link (Check application progress .. it requires the TRN) to start the application...

Use below link
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/app/uu?form=GSMA

You can save your application for 28 days before submitting.

Before submitting application you must have your Skill Assessment , IELTS ....
Waiting time depand on various factors i.e State Sponsor, Occupation in Critical List , MODL, Resident of Low/High Risk country etc
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:22 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, you can get some idea of timelines from this site http://www.beupdate.co.uk/index.php
There doesn't seem to be much logic in how long it takes - just prepare to have some patience cos it's not a fast process
Good luck!
Pam
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone???!
Give people a chance!! Posting at around 1am (Qld time) you need to be a leeeetle more patient, especially on a Friday night
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Give people a chance!! Posting at around 1am (Qld time) you need to be a leeeetle more patient, especially on a Friday night
Sorry!

I'm so impatient!