Medicals & Police Checks

Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:22 am
Just Joined

Neil Davies 177 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Medicals & Police Checks

We have applied for a 137 MODL with STNI from Victoria. Are medicals and police checks mandatory for all? I realise that there are different rules for adults / kids. But if they are mandatory then is there any point in waiting to hear from a CO, who is then going to request we have them completed.

Is there anything stopping me and the family have the lot done and the paperwork sent to ASPC before I we are allocated a CO? Surely this will speed-up our application or not?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

NealD is a jewel in the roughNealD is a jewel in the roughNealD is a jewel in the roughNealD is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Medicals & Police Checks

Yes, I believe they are mandatory for all. The only problem to consider is that you have to enter Australia within one year of the earliest date that either the medicals or police checks are done. However, in most cases you should be issued a visa well within that time period so it probably would speed up your application. Depends whether you have other commitments like work or selling houses that might delay your leave date.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 1:38 am
Just Joined

jagstirling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals & Police Checks

Hi Everyone... We have been so busy.... so appologies for not posting for the last week.

Just to let you know that we got assigned a CO today!!! Very exciting.... I imagine that everyone else will be soon... we have our fingers crossed for you all!