Medicals & PCC - 28 or 70 days?

Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future
Default Medicals & PCC - 28 or 70 days?

Hopefully we're going to get our medicals & PCC requested in the next few weeks (Feb 09 CSL) but I'm wondering if there's any sort of rule as whether the case office gives you 28 days or 70 days to submit? I've heard of people getting either and can't seem to find a pattern.

Ideally we want to arrive in Oz next December so hoping we can hold off on our meds until December this year! Any earlier and we'll have to do an expensive validation holiday sometime next year!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals & PCC - 28 or 70 days?

Originally Posted by Luke Brown
Hopefully we're going to get our medicals & PCC requested in the next few weeks (Feb 09 CSL) but I'm wondering if there's any sort of rule as whether the case office gives you 28 days or 70 days to submit? I've heard of people getting either and can't seem to find a pattern.

Ideally we want to arrive in Oz next December so hoping we can hold off on our meds until December this year! Any earlier and we'll have to do an expensive validation holiday sometime next year!
Doesn't seem to be any reasoning for it, sorry.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

we have 70 and someone else on same team and applied for same visa has been given 28.. and they have asked for an extention for pcs and beed given 2 weeks... ours has been in the week after the request, and 5 weeks later hasnt been looked at...
Old Sep 11th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Read that request information PDF - What is mentioned that to be the standard for you

moreover 28 or 70 days is to reply not a deadline to submit medical/PCC if its beyond your control and cannot able manage PCC/medical within 28/70days send the receipt kind of thing that you already applied for it
Old Sep 11th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

Normally it is 28 days for those applications that have a contact address in Australia, and 70 days for those outside of Australia.

I was in Australia when my offshore application was processed and I got 28 days to submit information.

And as Shiva said, if more time is needed for completion, it is sufficient to update the CO on status and upload evidence that appointments and such are in place.

Cheers,
Sylvia
Old Sep 12th 2009, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future

there is no pattern...i got a 28 day window for both.. and got the visa granted on 20th day... even 8 days before the window expired.... it depends on the CO .. mine was in a hurry... others ask for docs and sleep
Old Sep 14th 2009, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

naufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eurosyl
Normally it is 28 days for those applications that have a contact address in Australia, and 70 days for those outside of Australia.

I was in Australia when my offshore application was processed and I got 28 days to submit information.

And as Shiva said, if more time is needed for completion, it is sufficient to update the CO on status and upload evidence that appointments and such are in place.

Cheers,
Sylvia
hmm i doubt that is right.. cuz i dont have any contact address in australia and i was given 28 days.. so i just had to rush things to get my stuff together and send them.

so now just waiting for the response ***hopefully positive one*** cheers..

naufil