Medicals for other family members?

Old Sep 12th 2009, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

TamerSalem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals for other family members?

Hi there,

In the online application, health requirments section, it says that all family members will be required to do health tests. Does that apply for the non-migrating other family members (ex: parents, sisters, ...) as well?

Cheers
Old Sep 12th 2009, 4:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals for other family members?

Originally Posted by TamerSalem
Hi there,

In the online application, health requirments section, it says that all family members will be required to do health tests. Does that apply for the non-migrating other family members (ex: parents, sisters, ...) as well?

Cheers
Only dependent family members
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

asifrupani will become famous soon enough

hi,

I also included my parents and sisters in dependent list, as they all are financially dependent on me, though they shall not be migrating with me, do they all need to go through medicals?

regards
Old Oct 16th 2009, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
I sent PLE for the above subject and I got the response:

"The family members you have listed are not included in your application
as they are not migrating. However if they are completely financially
dependent on you then they will need to undertake health and character
requirements that will take sometime.

There is no way around this procedure"

regards
Old Oct 17th 2009, 1:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asifrupani
hi,

I also included my parents and sisters in dependent list, as they all are financially dependent on me,

All of them?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
All of them?
Yes
Old Oct 17th 2009, 6:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes

DIAC may not believe that. It is not the norm in Australia.

In any case, if both parents are living and together, they can't be "dependents".
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ondary-app.htm
Old Oct 17th 2009, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
DIAC may not believe that. It is not the norm in Australia.

In any case, if both parents are living and together, they can't be "dependents".
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ondary-app.htm
I do not force them to believe and of-course I will not question their decision for visa. BTW it is very norm in developing and 3rd world countries.

regards
Old Oct 17th 2009, 11:00 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I do not force them to believe and of-course I will not question their decision for visa. BTW it is very norm in developing and 3rd world countries.

regards
I think what JAJ is saying is that you may have difficulty convincing DIAC that both of your parents and your sisters are all dependent on you for everything. What's the norm in developing countries is not the norm here and you will have to convince DIAC that your situation fits with Australian norms.

On a related, but different note, if you make enough money in your home country to support yourself, your parents and sisters why would you want to move to Australia? It's very expensive to live here and it would be unlikely you could make the same type of income to support that amount of people on one salary.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I think what JAJ is saying is that you may have difficulty convincing DIAC that both of your parents and your sisters are all dependent on you for everything. What's the norm in developing countries is not the norm here and you will have to convince DIAC that your situation fits with Australian norms.

On a related, but different note, if you make enough money in your home country to support yourself, your parents and sisters why would you want to move to Australia? It's very expensive to live here and it would be unlikely you could make the same type of income to support that amount of people on one salary.
I do understand the the norms of developed countries like Oz, where every one has to work to survive. I will not mind if DIAC ask me to remove them from the dependent list during the process.

As far as your question/suggestion is concern, I would like to know, is it better to earn AUD1,000 in my home country which is sufficient for five people to live or to go to Australia alone and earn at-least AUD4,000(after tax) and send $1,000 to family and save some of it for future?

regards

Last edited by asifrupani; Oct 18th 2009 at 6:08 am.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 8:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I do understand the the norms of developed countries like Oz, where every one has to work to survive. I will not mind if DIAC ask me to remove them from the dependent list during the process.

As far as your question/suggestion is concern, I would like to know, is it better to earn AUD1,000 in my home country which is sufficient for five people to live or to go to Australia alone and earn at-least AUD4,000(after tax) and send $1,000 to family and save some of it for future?

regards
Just making sure you understand that if DIAC does not ask you to remove them from the application they will all need to do medicals and if even one of them fails you all fail.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Just making sure you understand that if DIAC does not ask you to remove them from the application they will all need to do medicals and if even one of them fails you all fail.
Well currently by the grace of God my parents do not have any kind of serious illness, but yes they are aged now, sisters are also in best of their health hence I do not see any problem in doing their medical.

But I do not know what will be the status of all of us in year 2012, when I will be asked for the medicals.

Thank you for making me more cautious in this regard

regards