Medicals / non migrating dependent

Old Dec 24th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all
Default Medicals / non migrating dependent

I need to remove a 16 year old (soon to be 17) from our visa application as she is not planning on migrating with us. The issue is that she also refuses to have the medical as a result of having a phobia of needles.

I am rather concerned here as my Wife, 8 Yr Daughter and myself are really fired up about this opportunity and I am now worried it will affect the visa app for the rest of us ?

I have posted a post lodgement enquiry, but struggle as you only get 350 words. What is the usual process here, should I just upload a PDF document which outlines the issue rather than using post lodgement enquiry link.

I also find it very frustrating that health checks have been requested which no doubt will be expensive and yet I have this issue hanging over our heads. I don't want to waste money on health checks if the Step Daughter pulling out means our application is dead in the water.

Thanks
Old Dec 24th 2009, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals / non migrating dependent

Originally Posted by flanagaj
I need to remove a 16 year old (soon to be 17) from our visa application as she is not planning on migrating with us. The issue is that she also refuses to have the medical as a result of having a phobia of needles.

I am rather concerned here as my Wife, 8 Yr Daughter and myself are really fired up about this opportunity and I am now worried it will affect the visa app for the rest of us ?

I have posted a post lodgement enquiry, but struggle as you only get 350 words. What is the usual process here, should I just upload a PDF document which outlines the issue rather than using post lodgement enquiry link.

I also find it very frustrating that health checks have been requested which no doubt will be expensive and yet I have this issue hanging over our heads. I don't want to waste money on health checks if the Step Daughter pulling out means our application is dead in the water.

Thanks
I think you should send a PLE outlining the issue. They might not read the pdf document on a timely basis. I woud have thought you could easily explain the situation in 350 words. "Stepdaughter refuses to do the medicals" is the jist of it.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
According to my knowledge, the people included in your appliacation has to do the medicals whehter or not they are migrating.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Originally Posted by muditha
According to my knowledge, the people included in your appliacation has to do the medicals whehter or not they are migrating.
If she is not migrating now and is refusing to do a medical you could file a declaration form stating she is refusing med and not emigrating like I have to and this is ok according to my agent???
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

erco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really nice

This gets a little tricky and here is (for what it is worth) my opinion.

the good news is ...it is not a lot of work to have some 1 removed from the visa application. i dont know which form is sent as our agent did it but it was quick.

the bad news is..... is this person an older daughter as you only mention your younger daughter. If the 16-17 year old is a dependant she will still need to go for a medical as the DIAC want to be prepared if you want to bring her into Oz if you get a visa. If (as my son is at 18) she is no longer a dependant i dont think a med is needed but i would ask for conformation on this.

Erco
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
You can do a statutory declaration stating that she is refusing to do medicals and why. Upload this to your upload area and send a PLE to have her removed from the application. Your case officer may ask you to explain, but you can do that later if necessary.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
If she is non-migrating, there is no requirement for teh chest X-ray if resident in the UK. Will she do the rest of the medical without the pathology test ? If so, put that to your case officer and there is a good chance that will be accepted.

Regards
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

flanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to allflanagaj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by welshtony
If she is non-migrating, there is no requirement for teh chest X-ray if resident in the UK. Will she do the rest of the medical without the pathology test ? If so, put that to your case officer and there is a good chance that will be accepted.

Regards
It is just the blood test that she cannot go through with. She faints and her doctor will confirm that
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Check with the panel doctor to see if all the neccessary testings can be done via alternatives to blood tests - e.g. saliva or mucous membrane testing

Regards
Old Dec 26th 2009, 11:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Check with the panel doctor to see if all the neccessary testings can be done via alternatives to blood tests - e.g. saliva or mucous membrane testing

Regards
Excellent suggestions Tony.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 12:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Bear in mind that if the child refuses to do a medical now, it may be impossible to get a child visa later on if she changes her mind.

Although after she turns 18, you'd need to show financial dependency to get a child visa, anyway.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Bear in mind that if the child refuses to do a medical now, it may be impossible to get a child visa later on if she changes her mind.

Although after she turns 18, you'd need to show financial dependency to get a child visa, anyway.
I think this will be easier. She is 18 in a years time and we won't be going to Australia before then (fingers crossed on Visa approval). The financial dependency is not an issue for us.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd leave her on the application. She needs to have the medical whether she comes with you or doesn't, who knows how she'll feel in the next five years. Just because she has a visa doesn't mean she has to move to Aus but it would certainly give her the opportunity should she change her mind - as teenagers are known to do
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Thanks
during our application we had a problem of my partners daughter (non migrant dependant) was required to have medicals, however at the time my partners X wife would not allow her to have them (being awkward) however, we were advised to do a statutory dec and get it witnessed, signed etc, saying we had tried everything we could to persuade for permission for meds, she ended up not having the med our stat dec was accepted and we finally received our visa, so stay positive, theres always a way. good luck!!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Medicals / non migrating dependent

Originally Posted by wannabees
during our application we had a problem of my partners daughter (non migrant dependant) was required to have medicals, however at the time my partners X wife would not allow her to have them (being awkward) however, we were advised to do a statutory dec and get it witnessed, signed etc, saying we had tried everything we could to persuade for permission for meds, she ended up not having the med our stat dec was accepted and we finally received our visa, so stay positive, theres always a way. good luck!!
Hi wannabees,

Thank you for your clarification... I have the situation you just described exactly.

I have a question about the "statutory declaration" you did, is it required to be signed from "non-migrant dependant" or his mother (in my case; my ex-wife) because this will be as difficult as doing meds?

To be more precise: Who should witness and/or sign the "statutory declaration"?

One more question: In this case; Is this mean that it will be impossible for me to sponsor my non-migrant dependants in the future?

Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.