Medicals missing

Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:57 pm
Raindancer

Athena is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Medicals missing

I got an e-mail from my agent this morning: my case officer wrote saying she was waiting for meds to continue processing my application!

I called the medical centre and they said meds were delivered to the Embassy in Rome on 20th Dec, so I sent an e-mail and a fax to the Embassy and will call them tomorrow to see if I can find out where my meds are and if they have reached Adelaide.

I heard that it is rather common that meds get missing, so I hope they are only stuck somewhere at the ASPC...

Gee, looks like I really have to sweat to get this visa!!!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Medicals missing

Originally Posted by Athena
I got an e-mail from my agent this morning: my case officer wrote saying she was waiting for meds to continue processing my application!

I called the medical centre and they said meds were delivered to the Embassy in Rome on 20th Dec, so I sent an e-mail and a fax to the Embassy and will call them tomorrow to see if I can find out where my meds are and if they have reached Adelaide.

I heard that it is rather common that meds get missing, so I hope they are only stuck somewhere at the ASPC...

Gee, looks like I really have to sweat to get this visa!!!
Really sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for you that they turn up soon, can imagine how worried you must be...good luck and keep us posted

Claire & Family
Old Jan 19th 2005, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Oreo is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that your Meds have gone missing but you're on the right track by being pro-active in trying to locate them and staying on top of it!

Wishing you all the best

Oreo
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:40 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Oreo
Sorry to hear that your Meds have gone missing but you're on the right track by being pro-active in trying to locate them and staying on top of it!

Wishing you all the best

Oreo
Hi

How come your meds were sent to Rome. Correct me if I am wrong doesn't it need to be sent to adelaide or sydney.

When I sent mine the doctor asked the place to send either berlin or Adeliade.

I hope you will find the meds

Badri
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:54 am
A mind forever voyaging

Galilite is an unknown quantity at this point

My God! You too???

Yesterday I got an email from my case officer saying exactly the same. Fortunately for me, my panel doctor is a very organised person and had registered not only the date but also the EMS package number. The package arrived there on December 15, more than a month ago!

Today I got an email from her saying that the medicals were recovered. Phew! It turns out that it was delivered to a local clearance unit rather than to her directly. Must be the pre-July thing that drives ASPC mailing system nuts. Good thing it didn't go to Sydney instead...

I also heard about a case when police clearance was lost.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:33 am
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice

Originally Posted by Galilite
My God! You too???

Yesterday I got an email from my case officer saying exactly the same. Fortunately for me, my panel doctor is a very organised person and had registered not only the date but also the EMS package number. The package arrived there on December 15, more than a month ago!

Today I got an email from her saying that the medicals were recovered. Phew! It turns out that it was delivered to a local clearance unit rather than to her directly. Must be the pre-July thing that drives ASPC mailing system nuts. Good thing it didn't go to Sydney instead...

I also heard about a case when police clearance was lost.
Galilite - I read yesterday on austimeline that your meds had gone missing. I’m glad to see they have been found!

Athena – Hopefully you will have the same luck.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:49 am
Raindancer

Thank you all for your well wishes!

Badri: Well, as far as I understand, medicals here in Italy are sent from panel doctors to the Embassy in Rome, then the Embassy sends them to Adelaide... don't know why...

Gallilite: Yeah, me too! I'm starting to think it's actually part of the process, just to "liven" things up, you know
I'm glad they found your meds, I hope they find mine too, eventually!

Anyway, I talked to the Embassy in Rome, today, and they said that they haven't my documents in their office, which, according to them, means that they must have been pouched to Adelaide either on 24th Dec (and in that case they might already be there) or on 7th Jan (and in that case, they *surely* have not arrived, yet)... so, as usual, all I can do is wait and see...
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:01 am
Raindancer

Angry I can't believe it!!!

I just received news through my agent that the DIMIA still haven't received my meds!!!

Now I'm trying to contact the embassy... and get medieval on their collective a$$es!!!

My agent suggests that if I don't manage to locate them, I should re-do them again! That would be the THIRD time!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if DIMIA accepts copies of the results if I manage to get them directly from the panel doctors?

Thanks for any advice...
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I can't believe it!!!

Missing meds seems very common indeed!

Our meds were sent to Local clearance unit on 27th jan 05 - mine and my husbands in the same envelope. This morning I got an email from my case officer saying that they had no record of hubbys med! They obviously received it or else they wouldn't have had mine either.

I reckon all our missing meds are sitting in a pile somewhere waiting to be found..

Hopefully they are finding them fast - good luck in finding yours..

Denise
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:51 am
Raindancer

Originally Posted by DeniseH
Missing meds seems very common indeed!

Our meds were sent to Local clearance unit on 27th jan 05 - mine and my husbands in the same envelope. This morning I got an email from my case officer saying that they had no record of hubbys med! They obviously received it or else they wouldn't have had mine either.

I reckon all our missing meds are sitting in a pile somewhere waiting to be found..

Hopefully they are finding them fast - good luck in finding yours..

Denise
Thanks for your well wishes, Denise, and good luck to you, too!

What worries me is that it's been more than a month since the Australian Embassy in Rome assured me that the docs had been sent... I wonder where they might have ended, if my CO hasn't managed to find them at her end, yet...

Edit: I just searched, and I found in this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...al+copies+lost that if I don't find them I might really re-do them again

Last edited by Athena; Feb 24th 2005 at 10:22 am.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:07 pm
A mind forever voyaging

Originally Posted by Athena
I just received news through my agent that the DIMIA still haven't received my meds!!!
Does anyone know if DIMIA accepts copies of the results if I manage to get them directly from the panel doctors?

Thanks for any advice...
Now THIS is unbelievable.

If it's up to your officer, I think s/he could agree. But I think a body called HAS (whatever it is) deals with it.

If you have sent it by any kind of service tracking your package, maybe the package ID, delivery date and time should do the trick? If not, maybe they'll be able to locate it based on the shipment date... Also, if it's regular mail (not EMS / DHL), it might take up to 3 weeks until the package reaches Australia.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Galilite
Now THIS is unbelievable.

If it's up to your officer, I think s/he could agree. But I think a body called HAS (whatever it is) deals with it.

If you have sent it by any kind of service tracking your package, maybe the package ID, delivery date and time should do the trick? If not, maybe they'll be able to locate it based on the shipment date... Also, if it's regular mail (not EMS / DHL), it might take up to 3 weeks until the package reaches Australia.
The Local Clearance Unit (they go to them, then onto HAS - Health Assessment Service) in Sydney 'mislaid' some of my medical results in December - they accepted copies from the Panel Doctor. Time of great worry though - I'm here now, so don't get too disheartened.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 2:09 pm
A mind forever voyaging

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
The Local Clearance Unit (they go to them, then onto HAS - Health Assessment Service) in Sydney 'mislaid' some of my medical results in December - they accepted copies from the Panel Doctor. Time of great worry though - I'm here now, so don't get too disheartened.
Yes, exactly!

My officer said back then that the medicals were sent to LCU instead of Adelaide (as it is supposed to be with pre-Julers). Makes sense, with their pre/post-July mess. Pre-Julers, beware!

Athena - maybe you should ask them specifically if they looked in Sydney? Perhaps your case officer didn't think about it, although it should be obvious...
Old Feb 24th 2005, 2:45 pm
Raindancer

Thanks for your advice, Caroline and Galilite

I just sent an e-mail to my agent telling him to ask my CO to check if the documents might have been sent to Sydney instead of Adelaide and tomorrow morning I'll try again to call the Embassy... we will see...
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:52 am
Raindancer

Angry Re: I can't believe it!!!

I talked to the Embassy today... and apparently my docs never left Rome!!! They were lost between their reception and the Visa Office (which apparently happens on a regular basis!)!!!! I mean, honestly!!!!

And the person I talked to didn't even want to move his a$$ to go chasing them!!! I mean, how distant can the reception be from the Visa Office???
Anyway, in the end, after I insisted that my docs *were* within the Embassy, since I knew not only the day, but also the time and name of the person who signed the delivery receipt, the employee told me he will call me in the afternoon and let me know... but somehow, I don't believe he will

If he doesn't, I will call again on Monday, and meanwhile have my agent ask my CO if copies from the panel doctors could be accepted by the DIMIA.

If all fails, I will have to go and re-do my meds, but this time I'll make sure the doctors will NOT send them to Rome, but directly to the attention of my CO in Adelaide!

Anyway, I am at a loss for words.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.