Medicals in Ireland

Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Medicals in Ireland

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can recommend a doctor for our medicals? We live in Co. Cavan. We are looking for the cheapest doc of course Anyone with info regarding fee's, waiting times etc would be appreciated
Thanks,
Helena
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

greenie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals in Ireland

Heya,

I rang round all the Dublin options and was offered an appointment with the Donnybrook panel doctor the next working day (I think the next best offer was 2 weeks later). Doctor gives you a letter for the x-ray so you can get it done on a walk-in basis the same day.

It cost 165euro for the doctor (including the blood test), 90 euro for the xray and they sent it by normal registered post a week later.
Hope that helps!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by greenie
Heya,

I rang round all the Dublin options and was offered an appointment with the Donnybrook panel doctor the next working day (I think the next best offer was 2 weeks later). Doctor gives you a letter for the x-ray so you can get it done on a walk-in basis the same day.

It cost 165euro for the doctor (including the blood test), 90 euro for the xray and they sent it by normal registered post a week later.
Hope that helps!
Thanks Greenie,

Donnybrook is a bit far away for us. I believe there is a doc in Mullingar, would you know anything about him? Thanks again for the info
Helena
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by helena39
Thanks Greenie,

Donnybrook is a bit far away for us. I believe there is a doc in Mullingar, would you know anything about him? Thanks again for the info
Helena

We had to use Dr Little in Galway as I think he's the only West of Ireland doc. Very cheap - I think it was €70 for me and John and €40 for the two kids. We just went to the local UCHG for the x-rays. If you have a look on the Immi site, maybe you'll find there is only one doctor in the Midlands. Anyway, good luck Notice you're off to Pac Pines. Be good to see some more Irish on the Gold Coast - too many bloody poms....... Michelle x
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
We had to use Dr Little in Galway as I think he's the only West of Ireland doc. Very cheap - I think it was €70 for me and John and €40 for the two kids. We just went to the local UCHG for the x-rays. If you have a look on the Immi site, maybe you'll find there is only one doctor in the Midlands. Anyway, good luck Notice you're off to Pac Pines. Be good to see some more Irish on the Gold Coast - too many bloody poms....... Michelle x
Right on Sister.... Can't wait to get there

PS I have nothing against poms...
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:38 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

God, I'll be ringing him tomorrow. The nearest guy to us in Limerick is charging 480 for 2 adults and 3 kids. Is that price including courier/postage?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
God, I'll be ringing him tomorrow. The nearest guy to us in Limerick is charging 480 for 2 adults and 3 kids. Is that price including courier/postage?
Yep - but when you see his surgery, you'll have a panic attack if you're anything like me. Desk like a bomb's hit it, toilet leaves a lot to be desired, no receptionist or admin staff, etc., etc. I think he's moved since we went, but I can't imagine his paperwork skills improving.... Having said all that, our meds went off without a problem, so he must be doing something right. He's been on their panel for 20 odd years. Good luck
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Greenie,

Helena
Hey,
Sorry don't know anything about the doc in Mullingar...but janey that Galway doc sounds like a bargain
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greenie
Hey,
Sorry don't know anything about the doc in Mullingar...but janey that Galway doc sounds like a bargain
Can you request / pay them to send them by courier?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

hey

In my case (Donnybrook doc) they send it by ordinary registered post and send you the receipt and tracking no (so you can track it all the way from Donnybrook post office …to…eh Donnybrook post office) I did email Auspost later though as some other BE posters suggested and got to confirm delivery from them…

The doc’s office was pretty helpful though, so I’d say if you could arrange and pay for the courier (so that it still gets sent by them), I’d be surprised if they objected…
Old Feb 12th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep - but when you see his surgery, you'll have a panic attack if you're anything like me. Desk like a bomb's hit it, toilet leaves a lot to be desired, no receptionist or admin staff, etc., etc. I think he's moved since we went, but I can't imagine his paperwork skills improving.... Having said all that, our meds went off without a problem, so he must be doing something right. He's been on their panel for 20 odd years. Good luck
H John and Michelle,

Is Galway near Limerick Don't laugh I was never any good a geography
It would be worth the trip to go to Galway, My brother lives in Limerick so we could stay with him overnite Could you confirm the amount and what you had done etc.. We are also a family of 4
Thanks

Helena
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:08 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

H John and Michelle,

Is Galway near Limerick Don't laugh I was never any good a geography
It would be worth the trip to go to Galway, My brother lives in Limerick so we could stay with him overnite Could you confirm the amount and what you had done etc.. We are also a family of 4
Thanks

Helena

Yes, quite near. Although I'm assuming you are from up north so Galway would be closer. I rang that doctor in Galway today and he charges 100 euro per adult and 75 per child (postal charges included).

I'm not sure what the breakdown of costs are in Limerick but they've quoted us 480 for 2 adults/3 children/Courier. So its 55 euro cheaper in Galway.

We're still going to Limerick as it would be cheaper when we include petrol, meals for the day, etc.
Hope this helps
Irish Gal
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, quite near. Although I'm assuming you are from up north so Galway would be closer. I rang that doctor in Galway today and he charges 100 euro per adult and 75 per child (postal charges included).

I'm not sure what the breakdown of costs are in Limerick but they've quoted us 480 for 2 adults/3 children/Courier. So its 55 euro cheaper in Galway.

We're still going to Limerick as it would be cheaper when we include petrol, meals for the day, etc.
Hope this helps
Irish Gal
Hi Irish Gal,
480 for the 5 thats a good price alright. How much will the xrays be? Does the 480 include boold tests as well? Both OH and I have tatoo's and I believe we will have to have extra blood tests (B & C).
Where in Limerick is the doc? My brother lives around castletroy I think Don't see him very often....

Helena
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:29 pm
Oh, George.....

Hi Irish Gal,
480 for the 5 thats a good price alright. How much will the xrays be? Does the 480 include boold tests as well? Both OH and I have tatoo's and I believe we will have to have extra blood tests (B & C).
Where in Limerick is the doc? My brother lives around castletroy I think Don't see him very often....

Helena

No, that doesn't include the X-rays but does include the bloods. The x-rays are 75 + 10 for postage. But that's only for the adults.

We live near Castletroy!! Anyway, the doctor couldn't be easier to find. Right in the middle of the city - on Cruises Street, near to Penneys/Todds.
Irish Gal
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

No, that doesn't include the X-rays but does include the bloods. The x-rays are 75 + 10 for postage. But that's only for the adults.

We live near Castletroy!! Anyway, the doctor couldn't be easier to find. Right in the middle of the city - on Cruises Street, near to Penneys/Todds.
Irish Gal
Cool Maybe we'll do that then. My brother and his wife keep asking us to go and see their new house. Kill 2 birds with one stone ah... Is there a long waiting list? Would you have a number for him? Thanks again for your help

Helena

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.