Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Medicals - if in transit - which country do you get them done?

Medicals - if in transit - which country do you get them done?

Old May 16th 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

mollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant future
Default Medicals - if in transit - which country do you get them done?

I am starting the 175 application process - and have a question about medicals.

If we are going to be moving countries whilst processing our application, which country do you do the medicals in? Does it matter which country you do it in? Or do you get the medicals done in the country you are in, at the time your Case Officer asks you?

Thank you!
Old May 16th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals - if in transit - which country do you get them done?

We are in a similar situation as we are moving to France for 6 months or so before we go to Oz. From what I have been told it doesn't matter where the meds are done as long as they are done by a panel doctor. The other thing to consider is that if you are out of the UK when you get police checks done you have to send 2 utility bills/bank statements with your address on.
Old May 16th 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

mollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant future
Default Re: Medicals - if in transit - which country do you get them done?

Okay - understand the medicals.

But for the police checks, how can you provide recent utility bills if you are not living in the UK? I know you have to provide PCCs for all the countries you lived in the last 10 years, if you lived there for more than 12 months. So, if we lived in the UK until last year, then do we just show the utility bills for that period? Am I stating the obvious?